Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’d like us to bring in someone like Sangaré to be our defensive mid. There’s been lots of talk about him being the next Kante or whatever, he plays for Toulouse, and he’s only 21 so plenty of time to develop. Transfermarkt website values him at £12m, but I have a feeling he would be a lot more than that. I think worth more though as it’s a position we badly need to get sorted.

Ibrahim Sangaré

Like the idea of Sangare a lot. I see @MrSmirch also mentioned him a few days ago. I think we would be after a ball-playing defensive midfielder - one who is stout physically, but comfortable on the ball and able to escape pressure. Sangare fits the bill, but I do think clubs further up the league may also be looking at him. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

I've been thinking about our Left Back slot a lot (as always just for fun, I don't actually. One name I think may be one to watch out for is Ramy Bensebaini at Rennes. He's 24 and is in the Algerian National Team for the African Cup of Nations taking place this summer (21 June - 19 July). He's pretty versatile - he can play at centre back or in defensive midfield as cover. Might be a good player to bring in now as a starter, with a view to having as a good squad player as we, hopefully, improve over the next couple of years.

He's in the last year of his contract and the Rennes President has said he will be allowed to leave the club this summer for a suitable fee. Last year Everton were supposedly in for him to the tune of around £13m. Obviously they picked up Digne instead which has worked out very nicely for them. With one less year on his contract I imagine this figure to be more around the £5-8m range, but he'll have a lot of potential clubs after him at such a price.

Interesting note: if we were happening to be buying any African National Team Members, those transfers will either likely be done within the next week(!), or after the tournament has ended. Especially as we're off to the States in Mid-July, I imagine both parties would want things organised quickly - for the player to prepare for the tournament and  for the club to have squad lists arranged for the trip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Jack Butland @ £30m

I hope that is press shit talk as he is not that good.

There is no way a championship player will go for 30mill, especially when he didnt even set the world alight last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

There is no way a championship player will go for 30mill, especially when he didnt even set the world alight last year.

I bet the Spurs fans said the same about Super Jack last year. With the way things are going, money-wise and with the quality in the championship, I bet it’s not long until that mark is hit.

Not that I think we should spend that on Butland. I think Kalinic is good enough personally, once he bounces back from that injury I think he’ll be very good (I’m usually wrong so that’s the kiss of death for him!).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So you would pay 20 mill for a 10 goal striker?

I'd gladly pay 20 million for a 21 year old England international, with two 25+ goal seasons in the Championship under his belt already, and was an integral part of our promotion team last season.  

IDK...  Whenever I see you spout out crap like this I'm reminded of this exchange:

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So 4 fewer assists. 

Tammy is 7 years younger.

So you're comparing Premier League and Championship stats?

Hardly comparable.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I wouldn't go over 10mill for Abraham

So, in a market where Dominic Solanke went for £19million, Danny Ings for £18million, Matej Vydra for £11million, Mitrovic for £18million, Muto for £10million and Benik Afobe for £10million you think Abraham is worth no more than £10million? I don't see your logic at all.