Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

27 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Do you watch on a laptop/tablet or on your TV? Because the picture quality when watching on a TV was much better on ESPN+ than the NBC app. 

36" Monitor on my desktop.  The NBC/ESPN streams are pretty comparable.  

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Out of interest do you get ALL Premier League games via NBC Sports? I might be heading to the US for a couple of months and I'm wondering the best way to go about this. I'm looking at Sling TV, but I don't think I can get NBC Gold on that? Am I missing much?

Apologies for the off topic post, didn't seem worth starting a new thread for!

The first two years of NBC's coverage of the Premier League, if you had NBCSN, every single Premier League game was available online for streaming live and on demand.  Now, they've split it up to the point where you'll need NBC, NBCSN, and NBC Gold in order to get all the matches.  Fubo TV gets you NBC & NBCSN, but there will still be 3-4 games every weekend on NBC Gold.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Out of interest do you get ALL Premier League games via NBC Sports? I might be heading to the US for a couple of months and I'm wondering the best way to go about this. I'm looking at Sling TV, but I don't think I can get NBC Gold on that? Am I missing much?

NBC has all the rights for the PL in the US. The NBC Gold will give you access to all 20 teams for their 38 games. Every weekend they have 3 games on Saturday (NBCSN for the early and 10 AM kickoffs and the 12:30 is NBC I believe) and 2 (or 3 possibly) on Sunday (NBCSN for early and NBC for the later IIRC). Hope that helped

Anyways if we spend 30 mil on Jack Butland we wouldn't have learned our lesson from previous relegations and would probably be headed straight back down. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes. While some of Villa's matches will be broadcast on one of NBC's TV networks, the majority will be on the NBC Gold app. But all Premier League matches in the US are on NBC.

• Like 1

If we’re really going after a keeper we should go for Walter Benitez out of Nice. Best save % in all of Europe, best pass completion % in France, only 26 and out of contract in a year. Wolves and Newcastle have been sniffing about for a month, hopefully we have too.

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Cheers fellas, all very helpful.

Any idea how I can get NBC Gold without having a US address etc? I'll be travelling you see. 

It was $50 last year for the season. No idea if it will be the same price.

Will you have a US credit card? If not I'm happy to buy it for you and you can PayPal me back. Unfortunately they limit to one stream per login otherwise I would just give you my login info.

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

What was the point in signing Kalinic exactly? Seems the club took about two days to decide he was shite. 

Yes I agree I questioned it many a time when he stopped playing, 7 mill wasted..

Rumour out of London that Chelsea have now slapped a 25 mill price tag on Tammy Abraham..

I think we should go for him, unless we can get maupay and roofe for around that..

Would like Lolley, but not at £15m, that’s pulling our trousers down. I do worry that he’s only had one decent season.

Maupay is absolute class, if Brentford want £20m i’d snap their hands off. He will go on to very big things, he’s got it all, scores from anywhere, left, right, head, volleys, very quick feet. Him and Tammy would be an absolute handful. Building a team around Maupay, Tammy, Grealish and McGinn we have years of progress and development given their ages.

its a lot but £45m for Maupay and Tammy is worth every penny over the long term if we can afford it.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Rumour out of London that Chelsea have now slapped a 25 mill price tag on Tammy Abraham..

I think we should go for him, unless we can get maupay and roofe for around that..

I hope Suso is on the phone to Chelsea this morning. Absolute steal for that price.

• Like 1

I think if we were to yo-yo then Abraham becomes a great piece of business, think he's good enough for the lower end of the PL but if the worst happened and we went down and we kept him you'd be confident that he would fire us back up again

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

This just makes no sense whatsoever. With Sarri maybe leaving, and Chelsea under a transfer embargo, why would they want to sell now? Hazard will be off so they're hardly going to be struggling to balance the books. 

I think only Nicko has reported this so far - I'll believe it if some more reputable sources start covering it.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think if we were to yo-yo then Abraham becomes a great piece of business, think he's good enough for the lower end of the PL but if the worst happened and we went down and we kept him you'd be confident that he would fire us back up again

There's a big IF in there.

Tammy could fire us back to the Prem, IF he didn't kick up a fuss because he needs to be playing Premier League football. He's no good to us in the Championship if he does a Rondon and goes out on loan to a Premier League club.

Let's not trick ourselves into thinking that the way he bonded with AVFC this year would make him happy to go back to playing in the Championship.