Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

It's understandable that blues fans are very pissed at this happening but it's looking almost certain, from what I was hearing on The Villa View as well. Oh and Gary Gardner is part of the deal with 4 million or a straight swap..

Jota has medicals today apparently.. 

Aston Villa are targeting a stunning swoop for Birmingham City's Jota

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-targeting-stunning-swoop-16360839

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

I hope that's a move that never happens, I do not want to see dwight Gayle here at this club, can't stand him. His approach, antics on the pitch just say it all for me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I lost faith in signing players from those comps after Royston Drenthe.

I thought he was going to be world class.

Jozy Altidore, Freddy Adu, and Danny Szetela are all Americans around my age and I remember thinking that they all looked like world beaters in the 2007 U20 WC.  Altidore had a mediocre career in Europe and had to go back to MLS with his tail between his legs, Adu had a never-ending string of 1 year deals in garbage leagues, and I had to look up what Szetela's name was again, which tells you how well his career went!  hahaha

Edited by KMitch
Engrish
  • Like 1

I think Benrahma is an excellent player. Not sure how much Brentford would be asking for him, but if it's around 10m we should definitely try for him. With him and Jota could be sorting out of depth in wide areas for less than 15m and can focus on a marquee signing to play opposite El Ghazi.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hope we got scouts at the U20 championship

We do. I don't have any confirmation, but we are not to be taken seriously if we aren't.  

I worked with the Danish FA a few months back at the U17 Elite Round Qualifications here in Denmark. Denmarks group also consisted of Croatia, England and Switzerland. Outside of working with the teams throughout their time in Denmark, I also got to talk to a few scouts from all over Europe at the games. I also had the list with all of the scouts in attendance at the game. Villa was represented at two of the three rounds, so I'd imagine we are in Poland as well. 

Edited by NPDK
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

If you are after Beef crisps I reckon Gardner is worth a bag of Beef Monster Munch...

He does look much smaller than he used to back in the day. 

• Haha 1

just listened to the Villa View transfer update.

They seem to be implying the Jota deal will likely happen, the Mings, Hause & El Ghazi transfers are pretty much nailed on, and the Justin transfer is now much less likely as he seems to be leaning towards joining Stoke. (guaranteed 1st 11 maybe? - maybe we havent offered that now we are in the Prem?)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

just listened to the Villa View transfer update.

They seem to be implying the Jota deal will likely happen, the Mings, Hause & El Ghazi transfers are pretty much nailed on, and the Justin transfer is now much less likely as he seems to be leaning towards joining Stoke. (guaranteed 1stmaybe? - maybe we havent offered that now we are in the Prem?)

Yeah looks like it will be to much of a step up from league one to the premier league for Justin.

Edited by jasoncb

On 28/05/2019 at 14:29, jonjon said:

Well done to Dean Smith and Villa, it was a sad day when he moved on from us, but that's football for you.

Having worked with both Maupay and Benrahma Dean Smith will have a good incite to know if they will fit in with Villa, out of the two I have seen week in week out at Griffin Park, Benrahma is the more gifted player of the two, considering it was his first full season he has fitted in well and expected to be even better next season, the problem with buying any striker from the championship is that Premiership defences are so much stronger than they have been used to, I think you need a little bit of experience up front, someone like Mitrovic from Fulham would be a good shout.

At Brentford DS went for younger hungry players, not old has been's, he thought that was the way forward, we also didn't do loan players, why develop another teams player? when its just as easy and cheaper to develop  your own, perhaps DS will look abroad like we do, we have made our first signing today, Christian Norgaard from Fiorentina for 3.5 million, never heard of him, but I'd never heard of Maupay or Benrahma either !!!

Good luck in the Premiership, hope we can join you next season in our brand new stadium.

No offence, but I bloody well hope you don't. It was bad enough losing to you twice a season in a 46-game season, let alone when there's only 38 games. 

• Haha 2

On 29/05/2019 at 18:59, VillaHatesMe said:

A quick list of players I like. Not sure of availability or cost, but I think they'd be in the same price range as Tammy Abraham, if not much cheaper.

Vincent Aboubakar
Patrick Cutrone
Kevin Lasagna
Sebastian Haller

As a Napoli supporter, I watch a lot of Serie A as well. I really like Cutrone. He's only 21 and fits the mold of young and talented.

'Kevin Lasagna' sounds like a Football Manager regen you screenshot and send to thedugout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Does this soft embargo ban us from signing players from europe or something? There are loads of good young DMs playing in Germany, France, Italy and Spain who would cost half as much as those listed and probably be twice as good.

I saw one article saying Issac Hayden would cost 20m. Everytime I see Newcastle he looks as average as Westwood did for us so no thanks.

Chalobhah been injured loads last 2-3 years so career has stalled. Billing I do think does have potential, guess he got lost in Huddersfield malaise just like many of ours did in 15/16 so wouldn't be against him coming in.

No we aren’t banned from signing players from Europe, They were just players that i have seen play, liked and think they would fit well in our midfield. Re Chalobah - he has been injured alot but he has bags of potential. If we could get him injury free i think he would be a good fit. Look how well Mings has gone with a injury free run in the team. I’m sure there are alot of good young DMs around Europe and I’m looking forward to seeing who we sign. I hope sign a LB gem from Europe in the same mould as Guilbert, there’s not many LBs domestically that will be cheap and have the potential to be a PL starter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think Benrahma is an excellent player. Not sure how much Brentford would be asking for him, but if it's around 10m we should definitely try for him. With him and Jota could be sorting out of depth in wide areas for less than 15m and can focus on a marquee signing to play opposite El Ghazi.

We really need to kidnap Brentford scouting department as they constantly find these cheap gems. £1.5m from Nice! 

• Like 1

Sure i'm late but just watched Villa View "Transfer Update" and Dan Bardell says he has heard that  Mings, El Ghazi, and Hause are basically done deals. Jota is also in the works. As many know, Dan is a top source. Would not be a bad start at all. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I watch a fair bit of La Liga and these boys might fit our profile (young-ish, not overly expensive for the most part, good with the ball at their feet):

F:

Youssef En-Neseyri, Leganes (Long-legged and silky, lefty, presses hard, motor runs hot, still young only 21)

Enes Unal, Villareal

Raul de Tomas, Real Madrid (very two-footed, probably too expensive)

Karl Toko Ekambi, Villareal (Caught fire late in the season but they just bought him last year for 18M Euros so might be too expensive too)

Jack Harper, Malaga (Born and raised in Spain by Scottish parents, schooled at Real Madrid)

Wingers:

Brais Mendez, Celta Vigo (Like Jota wants to cut in on his left and much better offensively than defensively)

Enis Bardhi, Levante

Samuel Chukwueze, Villareal (Probably too expensive)

CM:

Stanislav Lobotka, Celta Vigo (Next Modric?)

Toni Villa, Valladolid

Pere Pons, Girona

Joan Jordan, Eibar (Arsenal target, creative type, rumored to only cost 12M pounds)

Oscar Melendo, Espanyol

Aleix Febas, Real Madrid

DCM:

Santiago Caceres, Villareal (Still young but shows great promise, but they just bought him in 2018 and he may not even qualify for a work permit in England as he’s never been involved in the Argentina set up)

Igor Zubeldia, Real Sociedad

Lucas Silva, Real Madrid (Forgotten man needs a fresh start)

LB:

Jonathan Silva, Sporting

Ruben Duarte, Alaves

Alex Moreno, Vallecano (Apparently Barca are in for him)

Marc Cucurella, Barcelona/Eibar (On loan at Eibar, they triggered their purchase option at 2M but Barca has an option to buy him back at 5M I think, which they may do, Newcastle reportedly interested)

Alfonso Pedraza, Villareal (Busted as a forward at Leeds but has been a revelation since moving to left back)

Junior Firpo, Real Betis (Tracked by Real Madrid, might get too pricey too)

Alvaro Tejero, Real Madrid

DC:

Mario Hermoso, Espanyol

Fernando Calero, Valladolid

Jorge Pulido, Huesca (Just turned 28 but good center backs can play longer)

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We really need to kidnap Brentford scouting department as they constantly find these cheap gems. £1.5m from Nice! 

This. No point having a scouting team if we're just going to spend big on players that another club has scouted and taken a punt on.

We've been linked to Benrahma, Maupay and Konsa so far, all of which would probably cost close to £45m combined, whereas Brentford paid £6m for all 3. Pretty impressive scouting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I wonder if we will be linked with some of the same names (specifically midfielders from La Liga) that we were in Jan

I hope so. Nemanja Radoja looks a good player

He is also a free agent now

Edited by NZV
  • Like 1

Jack Harper was born in Málaga, Spain,to Scottish parents  He speaks both English (with a Scottish accent) and Spanish  He grew up in Fuengirola.

Haha why did they feel the need to add that part.