Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

No. Not a good player.

I'll admit I haven't seen him at all in a couple years (has anyone?) but he was good whenever I saw him with Leicester.

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

Would anyone have Danny Drinkwater? Hasn't played all season at Chelsea.

Nah, 29 on a massive contract and not played any football in more than a year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

To be fair I’d swap Gary Gardner for a packet of Space Raiders and a Capri Sun to be honest.

The beef ones yes, but not the pickled onion or spicy!   Crisps every time over Gardner!!

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

I'll admit I haven't seen him at all in a couple years (has anyone?) but he was good whenever I saw him with Leicester.

He's obviously a good player. But you have to ask a few basic questions.

1) is his salary demands coming from Chelsea within reason?

2) is the transfer fee high?  Probably. 

3) will Chelsea sell an English squad member? Unlikely.

4) does he have the hunger to fight for a newly promoted club after going all the way with Leicester and living the life at Chelsea? 

5) can we find better value else where? 

Doesn't read well to me.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

We need the next Drinkwater .... He was by discarded by Man Utd and worked he was up to the England team ... That’s the type of player we want and I believe we should be  targeting... well our own version of... not Drinkwater due to reasons outlined above by @KenjiOgiwara

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's obviously a good player. But you have to ask a few basic questions.

1) is his salary demands coming from Chelsea within reason?

2) is the transfer fee high?  Probably. 

3) will Chelsea sell an English squad member? Unlikely.

4) does he have the hunger to fight for a newly promoted club after going all the way with Leicester and living the life at Chelsea? 

5) can we find better value else where? 

Doesn't read well to me.

6) The drunk driving hobby.

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

We do need two or maybe three big ish name signings that are ready made for the Premiership, not high risk french talent that helped relegate us the last time.

I'm sorry whilst I do think we need some proven players,all the French players we did end up signing have done well. Amavi plays for marseille, Gueye has been one of the best midfielders in the Premier league, veretout is being signed as a Ramsey replacement and ayew is still in the Premier league scoring a few goals. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sorry whilst I do think we need some proven players,all the French players we did end up signing have done well. Amavi plays for marseille, Gueye has been one of the best midfielders in the Premier league, veretout is being signed as a Ramsey replacement and ayew is still in the Premier league scoring a few goals. 

Nah, mate.  Someone on here said Gueye was shit and didn't care what the stats said, Veretout is an overpriced shittier Westwood, Amavi can't defend and needs to play as a winger, and Ayew would win the "Premier League Player of the Season" in another team...  hahaha

Edited by KMitch
Engrish

45 minutes ago, Enda said:

No chance. I live in Leicester. He is well known as a massive piss head. He is basically the Chelsea version of McCormack. Hopefully the days of signing people like him have gone forever.

9 hours ago, NZV said:

I think our new defensive mid will be one of these players - 

Nathaniel Chalobah

Kalvin Phillips

Isaac Hayden

Phillip Billing

Does this soft embargo ban us from signing players from europe or something? There are loads of good young DMs playing in Germany, France, Italy and Spain who would cost half as much as those listed and probably be twice as good.

I saw one article saying Issac Hayden would cost 20m. Everytime I see Newcastle he looks as average as Westwood did for us so no thanks.

Chalobhah been injured loads last 2-3 years so career has stalled. Billing I do think does have potential, guess he got lost in Huddersfield malaise just like many of ours did in 15/16 so wouldn't be against him coming in.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

If the Jota story is true, then it disappoints me as i was rather hoping we would be in the market for better players than that !!!!

Jota best position is number 10 so I'd say he'd be cheap back up for Jack and come in if he misses a few games through injury (hopefully not a 3 month lay off). He's never fitted in at SHA and wouldn't say he's any great shakes out wide, we easily marked him out of the game at the sty from that area.

• Like 1

Jota a shrewd signing. Won’t cost much and adds to squad depth. Would be concerned if he was starting for us game in game out though as I don’t think he can do it in the prem on that basis. Think we probably ought to look beyond the championship for value for money and starting quality. I hope we are looking abroad. Hopefully we find a gem or two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Would be too much like Sidwell. Talented player before but hardly played at Chelsea and seems to have lost motivation off the pitch with drink driving issues.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jota best position is number 10 so I'd say he'd be cheap back up for Jack and come in if he misses a few games through injury (hopefully not a 3 month lay off). He's never fitted in at SHA and wouldn't say he's any great shakes out wide, we easily marked him out of the game at the sty from that area.

not sure you can really gauge anything by us marking them out of the game.

in reality he was their most dangerous player and they didnt really have anyone else who can "light the game up", its much easier to mark a single good player in a team, out of the game.

if he were to fit in to our new team, its likely we would have El Ghazi, McGinn, Grealish, Jota and whoever our new striker is, you cant just mark them all out of the game, and trying to deal with one of them specifically means eventually one of the others will get some space and a chance to do something, it isnt strange how good players look much much better in a better team, because it isnt just them doing the business, and when you have a team where multiple players in that team can possibly be a game changer, its that much harder to deal with any of them.

for example, you put any of Man Citys/Liverpools etc etc individual creative players alone in a Birmingham shirt, yes they will still be good, but they wont be "as good" as when they are at Man City etc, and "dealing with them" individually becomes a possibility. (ie: doubling up, because there arent any other "major" threats).

Hope im making sense, not saying he's Messi, but i am saying the type of team you play in, the style of play, and the players around you, can have a big big impact on your overall performances, for various reasons, lets be honest, SHA's tactics and style of play was entirely not suited to how he plays.

Edited by MaVilla