Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

55 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Jack Harper was born in Málaga, Spain,to Scottish parents  He speaks both English (with a Scottish accent) and Spanish  He grew up in Fuengirola.

Haha why did they feel the need to add that part.

Hoots mon! Scorchio!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The more I think about the Jota deal, the more I think it’s a fantastic bit of business. 

We’ve essentially swapped a poor squad player for a decent winger who will come here as a squad player and fight for his place. I very much doubt he’ll be brought in as the answer to our RW situation but it’s a massive upgrade on Gardner/Adomah and it just so happens it’s our local rivals best player.

People mustn’t forget we need about 10 new players this summer including 3/4 new attacking midfielders. Bringing one in for 4m on low wages and getting rid of our deadwood in the process is a good start.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is Tavernier decent?

Has great stats in Scotland. Lots of goals and assist from RB. Can’t work out this though if we already have Guilbert and albeit an ageing Elmo who has been very decent this year?

Wither Bree.....

Edited by thunderball

He seems to think he is a striker judging by this video. 

He might get away with that in Scotland but you can't wonder all over the pitch like this in PL. 

Gardener and Adomah out.

Jota and hopefully McEachran in.

Seems like really good business to me for what will be similar wages and just a 4m spend. Both would provide strong back up this season, Smith knows them well, and should the unthinkable happen, would both be good enough for a championship winning team. 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Has great stats in Scotland. Lots of goals and assist from RB. Can’t work out this though if we already have Guilbert and albeit an ageing Elmo who has been very decent this year?

Wither Bree.....

Can only think Guilbert was more with an eye on the championship, especially if as Purslow said we're a year ahead now. Not sure about Bree, but wouldn't notice if he was loaned out...

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can only think Guilbert was more with an eye on the championship, especially if as Purslow said we're a year ahead now. Not sure about Bree, but wouldn't notice if he was loaned out...

Or its a load of auld nonsense?

Click bait, people. We do this every year. If you see us linked with another sodding right back, probs best to walk on. 

• Like 2

We have Elmo and Guilbert, so doubt we’d be signing another RB. I don’t think Deano likes to have a defence made up of players who all play in the same position...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Or its a load of auld nonsense?

Click bait, people. We do this every year. If you see us linked with another sodding right back, probs best to walk on. 

But we do have the habit of signing RB every window, don’t we? 😁

• Like 1