Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because of the tweet the other day saying Villa mounting legal challenge to rejection of work permit

There has been no mention of a work permit being rejected.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

For me, and I believe Purslow has said something similar, you always need two players in each position.

CM - Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane & Lansbury

DM - Luiz & Nakamba

Sell - Bjarnasson, Tshibola

Loan - O'Hare

Rather sell/loan Lansbury.

Keep O'Hare training and playing with the senior squad and Smith.

Honestly think this would be more beneficial than him getting minutes at some Championship club with a poorer manager and coaching staff.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Does anyone else have a sneaky feeling that McGinn might be leaving? 

Don't really know why I feel like that. But... I do... 

It doesn't really make sense that he will be, I hope he signs a new contract swiftly. 

I've been thinking it. 

Nixon (yes i know his record is dodgy) has been mocked a few times on his mcginn to man u story and he responds with a smiley face.

We have signed 2 midfield players, given hourihane a new deal and lansbury lots of playing time. 

Mcginn was also clearly part of the reserve unit last night  

Its got my interest. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Because of the tweet the other day saying Villa mounting legal challenge to rejection of work permit

That's exactly my point. I think you apply and if it fails you get one appeal. From everything written about his previous work permit issues I doubt we ever expected it to pass on the initial application so I really don't think the required 'legal challenge' (see:appeal) would have been a surprise.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

There has been no mention of a work permit being rejected.

Legal case implies rejection. I dunno but work in IT supporting immigration services in NZ. No need for legal case unless disputing rejection that I can see

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've been thinking it. 

Nixon (yes i know his record is dodgy) has been mocked a few times on his mcginn to man u story and he responds with a smiley face.

We have signed 2 midfield players, given hourihane a new deal and lansbury lots of playing time. 

Its got my interest. 

I suppose if he does leave this season then I suspect it will be for a pretty penny.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've been thinking it. 

Its got my interest. 

And we are spaffing a rather large amount of money on players without selling many... so far any way. £3m --:> £50m, as Nixon's headline screamed, would be an insane profit margin in keeping with our new best practice business model.

Don't want him to go, but it's not unfeasible.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 18:59, alreadyexists said:

What a negative post. Maybe concentrate on where we’ve strengthened and give yourself a break? DM needs addressing and I’m sure it will be. 

I think it's a virus, must be because you'd think after the decade we've just had that people would find it easy to be happy.

If we don't make anymore signings before the window I will still be positive. Yes I think if we can get the player we want you could still go after another striker, a midfielder and and a goalkeeper.

This is already a better team than the team that got relegated!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Legal case implies rejection. I dunno but work in IT supporting immigration services in NZ. No need for legal case unless disputing rejection that I can see

Don't sweat it. It's the Birmingham Mail. 

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Rather sell/loan Lansbury.

Keep O'Hare training and playing with the senior squad and Smith.

Honestly think this would be more beneficial than him getting minutes at some Championship club with a poorer manager and coaching staff.

Its kinda my thoughts too.....could be a young version of Jota.

For me i will be at my most relieved, when we have signed a strong competent keeper.

but recognise the other weaknesses need to be addressed too.

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

And we are spaffing a rather large amount of money on players without selling many... so far any way. £3m --:> £50m, as Nixon's headline screamed, would be an insane profit margin in keeping with our new best practice business model.

Don't want him to go, but it's not unfeasible.

Yep good point. We sign a keeper and another striker and we could be close to £150 million spent. Maybe we are going over what people thought we would because we know this deal could potentially happen