Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Jimmyg said:

This....this.... is the only thing that 1% scares me. Although the circumstances are different with owners and coaching staff.... my inner dark thoughts of “villa are going all about this all wrong, they are untried at this level and we have seen this before, veretout was so promising....Too many” pops up now and again..... but I’ll lock it in the inner parts of my dark mind along with wanting to nail Andy Murray’s mom... and throw away the key. 

I have those doubts myself but if we look at it rationally it's completely different now.

Most of the players we signed then were good players but we had a dreadful manager and a scouting team/DOF who signed the players which Sherwood didn't want. We had no style or sense of play and the players didn't integrate because of a whole factor of reasons.

Now we have Dean Smith and Suso working together and building something promising. A clear sense of playing style, which we've seen with all the different players in pre season. I think it's normal to be a bit nervous because you never know but we I think the outcome will be quite different now. We just have to remind ourselves that this is a completely different scenario!

• Like 1

Steer

Guilbert.         Engels.    Mings.      Targett

Luiz

Grealish. McGinn

Jota                                                     El Ghazi

Wesley

Subs

Kalinic / Nyland

Konsa / Chester / Hause

Elmo / Taylor

Hourihane / Bikir 

Trezequet / Green / O’Hare

Lansbury

Kodjia / Hogan / Davis

Whatever happens this season, I think it’s clear that we’re going for it. I’d like to see the keeper situation sorted, Nakamba finalised and maybe, perhaps maybe, another striker (I don’t think the strikers on the bench have a tonne of goals in them). 

overall, delighted with this team and I support DS’s revolution! 

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How many seasons realistically would it take for us to catch up to Leicester and Everton?

Depends on how well this team clicks.  If it does I think we are not too far behind Leicester as their team is ageing (Vardy) and top players wanting to leave (Macguire).  I do not rate Rodgers as a manager who develops for the long term, so we could maybe challenge them this season if they do not respond well to his management.  Leicesters squad have gotten rid of the past 3 managers.  

Everton are a strange one as also depends if they click or not as well.  It didnt click for them last season but they did appear to buy well last summer.  I havent kept up with who they have bought this year, I havent had time with all our signings.

We now have the players worthy of top half.  Players such as Wesley etc are a gamble.  

We also have to see how well Dean Smith adapts to this level.  We forget thought our management team have no experience either.

Really happy with the squad currently:

GK : Kalinic/Steer

RB : Guilbert/Elmo

CB : Engels/Konsa/Mings/Hause/Chester

LB : Targett/Taylor/Hause

CM : Douglas Luiz, Grealish, McGinn, Nakamba, Hourihane, Lansbury, Thor

R/L Wing : Jota/El Ghazi/Hassan

ST : Wesley/Kodjia

I think if we can get Butland & Benrahma, then maybe a backup striker we are pretty much done?

O'Hare, Davis, Green, Sulliman and maybe Bree need to go out on loan, Green only if we get another winger.

3 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Are we actually going to sell anyone ?

i would say if we also get Nakamba, Thor would almost certainly be surplus to requirements?

Other than that.......can see the others being a part of the squad.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How many seasons realistically would it take for us to catch up to Leicester and Everton?

I'm surprised you don't already know this because usually you know **** everything :lol:  

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, bose said:

I have those doubts myself but if we look at it rationally it's completely different now.

Most of the players we signed then were good players but we had a dreadful manager and a scouting team/DOF who signed the players which Sherwood didn't want. We had no style or sense of play and the players didn't integrate because of a whole factor of reasons.

Now we have Dean Smith and Suso working together and building something promising. A clear sense of playing style, which we've seen with all the different players in pre season. I think it's normal to be a bit nervous because you never know but we I think the outcome will be quite different now. We just have to remind ourselves that this is a completely different scenario!

Exactly - the French revolution saw a lot of good players arrive.  But there was no plan, no system, no balance.  This season every single signing makes sense and seems to fit a strategy - you can see what we are trying to achieve.  I think we will have a few wobbles during the season but I think we will have more than a few amazing highlights. 

20 minutes ago, bose said:

Exactly - the French revolution saw a lot of good players arrive.  But there was no plan, no system, no balance.  This season every single signing makes sense and seems to fit a strategy - you can see what we are trying to achieve.  I think we will have a few wobbles during the season but I think we will have more than a few amazing highlights. 

This window goes from strength to strength.

We are filling gaps throughout the team with young, hungry, talented players & having the coach staff to turn this potential into the next big thing....

Can't wait to see this team hit full throttle...

Wouldn't mind another striker mind you (presuming Marvellous signs to add competition to DM)

1 minute ago, 1Elliot said:

This window goes from strength to strength.

We are filling gaps throughout the team with young, hungry, talented players & having the coach staff to turn this potential into the next big thing....

Can't wait to see this team hit full throttle...

Wouldn't mind another striker mind you (presuming Marvellous signs to add competition to DM)

2 posts? Bloody glory hunter. Good job you got McGinn the door before the season has started, the seasons only going to get Jota when our Marvellous football excites a full Hause at Villa Park week in, week out.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would say if we also get Nakamba, Thor would almost certainly be surplus to requirements?

Other than that.......can see the others being a part of the squad.

Tshibola is bottom of the list, below Thor, surely?