Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Surely teams will wait until AFCON and the U21 Championships are over before finalising deals? 

Just watching Nigeria vs Burundi in the AFCON, there’s been some serious tackles flying in, I’ll be amazed if there’s anyone left to sign by the end. It’ll just be a pile of shin bones and Jon Obi Mikel.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just watching Nigeria vs Burundi in the AFCON, there’s been some serious tackles flying in, I’ll be amazed if there’s anyone left to sign by the end. It’ll just be a pile of shin bones and Jon Obi Mikel.

How's Chukuweze looking? In A&E yet?

46 minutes ago, deeps said:

So Nixon went from saying we’re going to sign players and be busy and surprised with the money we have to now saying we are signing none of our targets due to money. Confused.com. 

Imo. Nothing will really kick off with transfers until July. 

More like backtracking to try and hold on to some perceived credibility. He has absolutely no clue who we are going to sign but is probably told by his bosses that he needs to print some rumours. So he says we have lots of money and puts  bogus targets out there, then says we are broke so can't sign the players he made up 😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why would they want to sell him?  Given the summer off he will probably be back to his best next season.  Sounds like horse shite to me.

Apparently they are awash with full backs.It is Talk Sport though...

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Leeds can keep Phillips at that price, we're not going to fund their pre season buys. Wouldn't say no to Clarke though. If we're going to overpay for anyone, let it be Tyrone.

I’m sure it will just be a case of moving on to the next target should they decide better value can be sort elsewhere. I suspect several players of equal quality are earmarked and we will work through the list seeking best value and best fit. Nothing article stopped reading it when it said we were forced to give Steer a new contract .... He bloody well deserves it . Clickbait journalism ! 

• Like 1

Id like us to sign Bielik from Arsenal, I think he's Prem ready and can play both DM and CB although I'd play him DM at that level. Very strong and good on the ball, feel he'd really suit our side. He'll probably end up at someone like Sheffield United though.

Edited by VillaAlex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

More like backtracking to try and hold on to some perceived credibility. He has absolutely no clue who we are going to sign but is probably told by his bosses that he needs to print some rumours. So he says we have lots of money and puts  bogus targets out there, then says we are broke so can't sign the players he made up 😂

I don’t disagree with this in many ways, but I think he was probably more saying that teams are just asking for silly money. Fits with his story about Leeds wanting 30 for Kalvin Phillips. 

I always thought Nixon does know some stuff, and for a journo does a lot of interacting/sharing on twitter which is cool. I just don’t think any of them know what we are doing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why do people pay any attention to Alan Nixon?

This question reminds me of a conversation I had earlier with my daughter, who is almost 5. “Daddy why do we have flies?”  Me; “I’m not sure darling, not everything we have in the world exists for us.”  My daughter undeterred; “But Dad why do we have them?” Me; “I’m really not sure, they’re just annoying and seem pointless.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He has been to the US.

He did say he would go to the US to see his son but I’d say this is his family holiday to Portugal now his daughter has finished High School exams. 

Anyway, with our new director of football structure would Smith be the one racing around chasing players? 

41 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Id like us to sign Bielik from Arsenal, I think he's Prem ready and can play both DM and CB although I'd play him DM at that level. Very strong and good on the ball, feel he'd really suit our side. He'll probably end up at someone like Sheffield United though.

I give it until October and he will be a starter for Arsenal. No chance.

You know it's funny because I'm the least ITK person in the world (apart from Nixon and the Birmingham mail), i don't know anyone that knows what goes on a VP but for some reason i was absolutely sure we were going to sign someone of Friday. 

I was in a meeting all day so couldn't check my phone but I was sure something was going to happen. When i checked my phone at about 15:00 i was gutted we hadn't signed 😂

So we've been priced out of moves for Butland, Etheridge, Mings and Phillips.

If only they played football in other countries, then we wouldn't have to go about chucking twice as much money as we should at other English clubs for their players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So we've been priced out of moves for Butland, Etheridge, Mings and Phillips.

If only they played football in other countries, then we wouldn't have to go about chucking twice as much money as we should at other English clubs for their players.

This, and I think it’s why all journo talk linking us to high fee English/British based players needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. They’re making obvious links. We may be enquiring about these players but it doesn’t mean they are our first choices. I would imagine the club would make a lot of enquiries to see what might stick based on their long list of targets, then remove the expensive ones and whittle the list down

• Like 2

Not really paying any attention to the gossip, as our blessed powers that be are doing all their business underneath the radar, and so they should.

Its quite pointless otherwise. We know journos are full of shit, and I cant help but feel that I am a happier person without Twitter.