Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, Mic09 said:

Kante say hi

Ye cus Kante is the correct measuring stick for all players of his height?, i would say hes more of an anomaly than a standard gauge.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ye cus Kante is the correct measuring stick for all players of his height?, i would say hes more of an anomaly than a standard gauge.

It's not a measuring stick - it's just that low height is not as important as some might think it is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

It's not a measuring stick - it's just that low height is not as important as some might think it is.

its not the be all and end all agreed, but in a physical league where a fair few teams launch balls in the air or cross a lot etc, it is at least of some importance.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Generally a good big ‘un is better than a good little ‘un, but that doesn’t mean the good little ‘un isn’t good. Starting to sound like a tongue twister! Alan Wright was in theory too small to play full back, but he did and to be fair was decent in the air. A mate of mine reckons that smaller players compensate by jumping better and big buggers often don’t make the most of their relative height advantage. 

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

GettyImages-96951833.png

We can play these games all day.

The fact is if you had a team of 11 players that was equal in everything except height, and you had the choice for them all to be 5ft 2 or 6ft 2, you would choose 6ft 2 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I agree entirely that it isn't the be all and end all, and there are variances and some excellent players who are short, but the rule of thumb stands, especially for defensive players.

The further forward you go up the pitch height becomes less of an issue generally I would agree, but defensively as a "general rule", height is at least a factor.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

probably avoid him then :)

I probably made the usual mistake of 1) never seen him play, 2) plays for Liverpool so cant be that bad?, 3) has spain caps so cant be that bad?, 4) still only 26.

But ye, if he is that bad then NOPE :P

To be fair 2, 3 and 4 suggest he could be decent and maybe a club where the expectations were lower he could do well.  Would be risky though. 

What was the name of the last failed awful left back we got from Liverpool?  The giant lad who looked like Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet.  

No thanks...

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

What was the name of the last failed awful left back we got from Liverpool?  The giant lad who looked like Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet.  

No thanks...

Aly Cissokho! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Thiago Llori :D 

I was thinking of Aly Cissokho, but I completely forgot about that guy all together!  Another terrible signing!

• Haha 1