Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, jonjon said:

You are not wrong there, I have seen him in all home matches and a few away ones as well, he is something special, it was his first season in English football and he will get even better this next season, just like Maupay did, it looks like we have yet another winner on our hands, but we could lose Maupay in this window, as it appears there are a few clubs in France, Germany & Italy looking at him as well, but he has stated in the London Evening News today that  he would prefer the Premiership football if anything, he is not going to be cheap either, two years left on his contract and we can call the tune, I can see a bidding war breaking out unless someone comes in with silly money.

Nevermind signing your players. I want to sign your entire scouting department! Got to be one of the best in English football. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Ye cus Kante is the correct measuring stick for all players of his height?, i would say hes more of an anomaly than a standard gauge.

The greatest DCM before him that revolutionised the role was 5'9"

23 minutes ago, thunderball said:

DS will know all about him so if there's a way and a will it might happen. 

Brentford can't sell half the team though.

thats assuming Deano rates him like you and i do?

Personally he would be my no 1 target for the RW.

27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

You are not wrong there, I have seen him in all home matches and a few away ones as well, he is something special, it was his first season in English football and he will get even better this next season, just like Maupay did, it looks like we have yet another winner on our hands, but we could lose Maupay in this window, as it appears there are a few clubs in France, Germany & Italy looking at him as well, but he has stated in the London Evening News today that  he would prefer the Premiership football if anything, he is not going to be cheap either, two years left on his contract and we can call the tune, I can see a bidding war breaking out unless someone comes in with silly money.

I saw him for about 10 minutes and straight away you could tell he was a player. 

There must be lots of similar talent out there.  Look at Mahrez and kante as other examples.  

17 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I am sure its part of the "sustainability" ethos and plan. It won't happen over night and part of why Brentford do so well bringing these guys on, aside from great scouting, is they play them week in week out. But this is because they are mid table Championship and can afford the breathing space of middling expectation. Cant see us giving many youngsters the chance to prove themselves in the first team week after week any longer. The Premier League status just can't risk it and errors are exploited so readily by very good opponents and managers.

Fair enough. Hopefully we can get to a point where we buy the Maupays and Benrahmas and loan them out, then.

But Kante was thrust directly into the PL, Sancho made his name in the Bundesliga. Gueye was decent for us and clearly PL quality, Richarlison, Mane, Vertonghen, Eriksen - all originally signed for less than 12M, all blooded in the PL. Sigurdsson, Mahrez and Alli played in the lower leagues but hit the ground running in the PL too. I hope our scouts find us that type of player, for those types of deals. 

And we all seem to be think Guilbert’s going straight into the team at RB though he was signed to help us in the Championship.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Jay Rodriguez apparently available for 5m... OK scores with his hands, yadda yadda, but has scored 15 goals in a PL season before now. I'd take him.

I don’t think he’s mobile enough for our style. More of a target man. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Jay Rodriguez apparently available for 5m... OK scores with his hands, yadda yadda, but has scored 15 goals in a PL season before now. I'd take him.

Definitely worth a punt at that price, cracking technical little player and offer something different . 

Apparently there was a clause added last year for Rodriguez. £5m buy-out, with an additional £5m in 12 months.

Is he worth £10m? Possibly, but when you factor in that the money goes to baggies and that he’s a handballing gobshite, I’d rather we give him a miss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Apparently there was a clause added last year for Rodriguez. £5m buy-out, with an additional £5m in 12 months.

Is he worth £10m? Possibly, but when you factor in that the money goes to baggies and that he’s a handballing gobshite, I’d rather we give him a miss.

I'd pass on 5m, 10m you got to be having a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jonjon said:

is your new stadium ready for the 2019 season or is it 2020 now?

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d love to sign Benrahma and Bowen for 30m. Doubt it would be possible though. 

to be fair Bowen only has 1 year on his contract (with a 1 year possible extension), so why not?

20-30m for Bowen & Benhrama would sort our wings out big time, then add Jota for 4m for versatility and that side of stuff is done?

El Ghazi, Bowen, Benhrama, Grealish, Jota, McGinn competing for 4 forward thinking midfield roles (AML, MC/AMC, AMR).

• Like 1

Was on loan at Hull this year... but I must’ve missed him as I don’t remember the name.

Edit: not sure how reliable the original source, Pete O’Rourke, is? He’s freelance so could just be cooking up a story to get some clicks.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1