Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

24 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

How about Matt Targett from Southampton as left back? I see Fulham want to sign him again.

I doubt they'll let him go.  Played for ~10 games straight when Bertrand was injured and performed very well.  Definitely looks like a Premier League player.

Just now, KMitch said:

I doubt they'll let him go.  Played for ~10 games straight when Bertrand was injured and performed very well.  Definitely looks like a Premier League player.

I prefer him to Bertrand. Southampton want to keep him as a back up player, but will Targett settle for that now? He wants to play every game.

4 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Some interesting points - makes you realise how hard next year is going to be - especially if we don’t sign most of the 5 loan players! 

It would be understandable if we signed players such as Jota, Etheridge etc. On realistic wages and reasonable fees as opposed to spending millions on more “glamorous” signings. At least then if we got relegated we’d have a team we could keep to come straight back up. 

It’s a business at the end of the day. 

But its no surprise to any of us, and we can keep the back bone of the team with Mings, El Ghazi and Hause. A new forward might actually improve that team, same as a new DM and right midfield.  We need decent back up which we don't have so strength in depth to cover injuries and suspensions is the key. £100m isn't a surprise and it won't be a Fulham as we will keep the same back bone.

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've got fed up with browsing clickbait, so I've taken up maths instead. 

X equals the number of days left in this transfer window .... X = 65

Y equals the number of players both permanent and loans with option to buy, to complete a 25 man squad .... Y = 10.

X divided by Y = 6.5 days per signing .... it's going to be an exciting 65 days!

pulp fiction drinking GIF

• Haha 2

We need to be the club finding these guys before they become 15-20M players. The next Maupay (1.6M), Benrahma (3), Kante (8), Tavernier (200K), Etheridge (Free), etc... Even Sancho was sold off to Dortmund for 8M. We need to be all over the youth teams of Man City, Arsenal and the like. They’re rife with future stars and yet no path to first team football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah i agree he's a silky player, i really think we should buy him.

DS will know all about him so if there's a way and a will it might happen. 

Brentford can't sell half the team though.

8 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

We need to be the club finding these guys before they become 15-20M players. The next Maupay (1.6M), Benrahma (3), Kante (8), Tavernier (200K), Etheridge (Free), etc... Even Sancho was sold off to Dortmund for 8M. We need to be all over the youth teams of Man City, Arsenal and the like. They’re rife with future stars and yet no path to first team football.

I am sure its part of the "sustainability" ethos and plan. It won't happen over night and part of why Brentford do so well bringing these guys on, aside from great scouting, is they play them week in week out. But this is because they are mid table Championship and can afford the breathing space of middling expectation. Cant see us giving many youngsters the chance to prove themselves in the first team week after week any longer. The Premier League status just can't risk it and errors are exploited so readily by very good opponents and managers.

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benrahma is going to have a very bright future.

You are not wrong there, I have seen him in all home matches and a few away ones as well, he is something special, it was his first season in English football and he will get even better this next season, just like Maupay did, it looks like we have yet another winner on our hands, but we could lose Maupay in this window, as it appears there are a few clubs in France, Germany & Italy looking at him as well, but he has stated in the London Evening News today that  he would prefer the Premiership football if anything, he is not going to be cheap either, two years left on his contract and we can call the tune, I can see a bidding war breaking out unless someone comes in with silly money.

• Thanks 1