Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure why we always look at France we have history of deals not working out for us there. 

We should look at the German Market that league is a very high standard

Plus the rights for the German Squad aren't owned, so the players don't get called up for international duty. We could put a cheeky clause in to pay so much after 1 international appearance that will never get cashed in. MUAHAHAHAHA

FM is real life, right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cryptic message signing(s) imminent? 

Here

_20190604_080832.JPG

Mings has liked it on Instagram... just saying. 

Still, I think it’s just saying ‘we’ll be playing in the Premier League soon’, as some others have suggested. 

The hash tags give it away... official Premier League status incoming soon. 

As for signings, there are very few 30+ players I would take (that would consider coming to us).  If Milner was an option it would be an absolute no brainer to take him, however, he just played in the champions league final... there is very little chance this will happen.

Cahill would be one worth considering, the experience, and his history with us, means he'd be an asset that we might get. Free transfer too means more funds for elsewhere.

Generally,  I'm happy with us looking to the future with most of our signings, but if we only do that then the team we assemble will not survive the first season. There's simply not enough experience in our team as it stands

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cryptic message signing(s) imminent? 

Here

_20190604_080832.JPG

That's Ashley Youngs arm!

Obviously he's not going to come back without Milner, Downing and Benteke.

Purslow you tinker.

The boys are back!

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The hash tags give it away... official Premier League status incoming soon. 

As for signings, there are very few 30+ players I would take (that would consider coming to us).  If Milner was an option it would be an absolute no brainer to take him, however, he just played in the champions league final... there is very little chance this will happen.

Cahill would be one worth considering, the experience, and his history with us, means he'd be an asset that we might get. Free transfer too means more funds for elsewhere.

Generally,  I'm happy with us looking to the future with most of our signings, but if we only do that then the team we assemble will not survive the first season. There's simply not enough experience in our team as it stands

Although I agree with a lot of this I think Premier League experience isn't as essential as many think. Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton and Wolves all came up with very little to no Premier League experience and all stayed up. I think it can help, but it's more important to have quality.

It's not like we don't have any already anyway, Elmo, Taylor, Chester and Grealish all have Premier League experience, we just let a load more go that had it too.

Milner I would take because he still has the quality and is in good shape but lets be honest, he's going to be at Liverpool next year.

Cahill is now too slow and has never been good enough on the ball to play the way we want to play, Personally, I think it would be a mistake to sign him.

• Like 2

Remi Oudin (Reims) impressed me a lot in Ligue 1 in 18/19. 10 goals in 37 games

He is a left footed.. Right sided Forward.

Watford have had a £7mil bid turned down and Newcastle also interested.

I hope our french scout is watching him.

Every game i watched of Reims on BT Sports and highlights weekly and Oudin is a talent in my view.

Around £10mil plus Reims would probably sell for.

Hopefully we are interested

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who missed it, @Reivax_Villa posted in the Technical Team/Player Recruitment/Scouts thread a twitter thread of quotes with our French Scout, Olivier Monterrubio, who is currently watching the Toulon Tournament.

The full interview by the Tournament Hosts themselves, is available on their website (if you open in Google Chrome, you can translate there and there on the webpage). It's a really insightful read, I recommend having a look at the whole thing, but some choice (google-translated so probably a little wrong) quotes:

(On how he joined Villa) I arrived at the Aston Villa club this year. Their sports director, a Spaniard (Jesús García Pitarch), called me. He was looking for a recruiter on France. We discussed it. He came to Nantes. And it happened naturally. I live in Nantes but I go to England a few times to attend meetings and take stock of recruitment. But every weekend, I'm on French soil.

(On being in the Premier League) We must try to stabilise the club (in the Premier League). It is important. 

(On Guilbert and Defenders) For England, (defending) is first the role of defender. Afterwards, for the offensive aspect, there are some players who are more apt at this, but I think that for England, the most important for a side, is first to defend well.

(On Tammy) He's a great player. He did us a lot of good this year. We hope to keep it next season. We will do everything for. We'll see. 

(On Premier League Qualities) It takes players a little beefier than normal for the Premier League. It takes rough players.

He also mentions there are players in League 1 that could certainly interest Villa, also that there may be 1 or 2 players in the French Toulon side that "could be interesting" - but I imagine every scout in every club would answer the exact same way.

Give it a 5 minute read, it's good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know he had an underwhelming first season at Watford but I'd be tempted to see how much they would ask for Ken Sema.

Think he would be a very good rotation player for us. He'd add a few attributes we lack and if he gets it right he could explode.

Not saying we should sign big money for him.

Edit: Sema is rumored to go on loan to Fortuna Dusseldorf to replace Dodi Lukebako who was on loan this season but is now getting sold to Schalke for big money. 

Still think we should make an inquiry 

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Very interesting watch.

Meh. Seems to me they are typical ‘journalists’ who no nothing outside of the PL. some of their suggested signings made me cringe. 

41 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Outch. I was feeling optimistic about next season until I watched that. 

I don’t think there’s anything in that video that we didn’t know. I’ve mentioned that the best business we could do this summer would be to secure the loan players we had, especially Mings & Tuanzebe. The circumstances at ManUtd & Chelsea means it’s probably unlikely we can secure Tuanzebe or Abraham, and so our task becomes even more difficult in recruiting. What we have to hope is that the people running the club now have planned for all eventualities and have plans A, B, C, and D if necessary. I would think that,whatever budget we have, the lions share of it would need to be spent on defensive players. 2 x CB, 1 x LB, 1 or 2 x CDM.