Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would cry if we paid more than 7 million for Butland. Really not a position we need to fill

Especially when we could get Pagliuca for £250k. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Anyone for the rumour of us signing Jack butland at 30 mill??

We're also looking to sell Lovre as well it seems.

What was the point in signing Kalinic exactly? Seems the club took about two days to decide he was shite. 

55 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Purslow has said that we will not be loaning any players. He rightly says it’s a flawed model, where you improve other teams players and end up having to offer more money for them.

He did: “.....that’s a bad business model. That’s on the record”. But with an option to purchase that might be tested. I think we probably won’t loan this window unless things don’t fall into place.

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

I am not suggesting we only sign Cahill and nobody else. For me its a given we get Mings, thats one down... He needs a permanent partner and I don't think Hause (utility/squad) or Chester (crocked) will be that person so we need another first choice centre back. Would love it to be Axel but this is very unlikely, and at a time when we need 10-14 signings necessity suggests that some are loans (with a view to purchase) or out of contract players. Cahill is this and ticks a lot of boxes. Signing this many players is going need compromises and creativity and this deal offers a lot of upside and could bolster the spine of the team.

I get your argument but disagree.  There are others like  Hause, Tuanzebe and Mings out there who have the legs, talent and desire to succeed.  I would take one of them all day long over a player we have to compromise our whole style of play for due to his age and lack of pace.

Look back only to make sure we do not make the same mistakes, then move forward!

11 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I wouldn’t pick either if im being honest.

Cardiff would have been down a month or two earlier without Etheridge. If we can find better again then I'm all for that but he's proved his quality last season. 

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

What’s with the Johnstone love?

Dude is average at shot stopping, and prob the worst distribution I’ve seen in a keeper, ever.

So that’s a ‘hell no’ from me.

Agreed. His distribution drove me bloody mad last season.

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Dude is average at shot stopping, and prob the worst distribution I’ve seen in a keeper, ever.

Dreadful on set pieces

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s at Atalanta now, and they’re in the Champions League next year... 

My point exactly.another poor call from Villa.

Along Vertout, Amavi and Guaye I was really sad to see him go.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Cardiff would have been down a month or two earlier without Etheridge. If we can find better again then I'm all for that but he's proved his quality last season. 

Yeah the thing with Etheridge though is his distribution is shocking which makes me think we will be nowhere near him.  Good shot stopper i agree

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thug said:

He seems a decent keeper to me and keepers only get better with age.

Someone that also knows the club and would be a decent GK addition imo.

4 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Yes.

Good enough for the Champions League. Good enough for Italy, for whom he’s just had his first call up.

Not good enough for Mr Potato Head.

He was terrible for us, so from that respect it’s right he was taken out of the team. The obvious issue is why was he so poor? Was it the instructions we were giving him? Was it a language or culture issue? Home sick? 

• Like 3

With the money we need to spend on the rest of the team just to get it remotely beefy enough to compete in the prem, I honestly can't see us investing in a new goalkeeper when we have steer and kalinic who was bought 6 months ago.

End of the season or January?, maybe, but right now there are more pressing positions to spend money on and 100m doesn't go as far as you think when we need 10 or so outfield players.

Edited by MaVilla