Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

24 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If we were after a new keeper and it was Butland or Etheridge, I'd have Etheridge every day of the week. I know plenty of you stopped watching Prem footy after we went down but I carried on because of playing fantasy football for money with my mates and the guy was an absolute monster last season. Cardiff would have been goners way sooner if it wasn't for him. If £10m is what they want then that's an absolute bargain! 

Surprised West Ham want him, no chance he'd go there as he'd be back up. It would be similar to West Ham signing Fabianski after Swansea went down for 7m which was one of the bargain signings of last season as he was brilliant.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Milivojevic? I think. That's without looking.

I like him, think he's a very good player but don't think he would be available for £15m such is his importance to palace.

Just checked, Palace signed him for 16m euros so yes wouldn't make sense to let him go. He did only sign 3 and a half year contract in January 2017 so one year left unless he signed extension recently.

Good player though.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Téji Savanier had an amazing season for Nimes in Ligue 1

He was dominant last season in Ligue 2 and almost as dominant this season i the top flight.

14 assist and a couple of goals from the sitting midfield role.

Apparently available for about £9m 

Would be  steal that. Bit of a late bloomer but still only 27.

Top player but I’d be worried he’d get homesick. Still lives with his parents/wife/kids/other extended in the shit part of Montpelier he was raised. He’ll go somewhere I think as he’s already 27 and this is his last chance for a big payday, but homesickness will be a worry. One of the 3 or 4 best players in Ligue 1 on a week-to-week basis.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

15m for lolley is too much in my eyes

This. I just feel that if he wasn't a Villa fan there wouldn't be such a clamour for us to bring him in. Don't get me wrong, ability-wise he's decent, but not £15m decent.

• Like 2

Official Site

Aston Villa has today released eight players.

They are Mile JedinakAlan HuttonTommy ElphickAlbert AdomahGlenn WhelanRitchie De LaetMark Bunn and Micah Richards.

We’d like to thank all of them for their contributions and wish them the best of luck for the future.

The confirmation that Whelan isn't being given an extension (there was some speculation he may be kept to be a good professional to have around the squad).

Edited by Wes
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I get the feeling Dean Smith lost lots of confidence in Kalinic after the West Brom game.

We can argue if he should've saved the Hal Robson header but I think DS was more disappointed he came off injured. I'm pretty sure he said after the game Kalinic asked to come off at half time so maybe they thought from that point he didn't quite have the mentality to play in English football if he's going to come off with slight knocks (he was on the bench at Stoke a week later so it wasn't a bad injury). 

Wasn’t it concussion? There are protocols that have to be followed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I look at the likes of Watford signing Capoue for £6m and Doucoure for £9m. £15m for the pair is unbelievable value. They could easily sell both for much more. Hopefully we do something similar. 

Weren't we after Doucoure at some point ourselves?

It was rumoured at least IIRC.