Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think for a centre back playing out of position, he’s done quite well there, it doesn’t surprise me, I think he’s excellent 

I don't disagree he's done a commendable job, but he's stifling our attacking play. Moves are regularly breaking down with him and we currently can't buy a goal. We need as much attacking advantage as we can get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't disagree he's done a commendable job, but he's stifling our attacking play. Moves are regularly breaking down with him and we currently can't buy a goal. We need as much attacking advantage as we can get.

I agree, hopefully Guilbert will be back soon

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If Targett is out and Taylor plays then it'll be even worse for our attacking play.  I've never known a full back like Taylor who doesn't even try to put a cross in.  I think we need Fred back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Targett is out and Taylor plays then it'll be even worse for our attacking play.  I've never known a full back like Taylor who doesn't even try to put a cross in.  I think we need Fred back.

I think we've seen alot of them 😁. Otherwise, I agree with you.

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He did play one very good but for grealish against wolves, but generally I agree, so many times he's in the position to whip a ball in but categorically refuses to. Sure, he might not be ace at crossing, but passing the ball around the box and eventually back to the centre backs is hardly helping us create chances.... 

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We have to remember we bought Freddie in before promotion, so he was probably expecting championship football at Villa. 

Question is do you think he is of the same level of  quality as our summer signings after the playoff win or not?

I think he has a higher ceiling than some of our other signings, even though he might not be there yet.

i still have more faith in him than a few.

Just want him to rediscover that pace and terrier like hounding he showed early doors.

One thing you know about Guilbert is he is going to give 100% every week and he'll always be fit enough (If not injured) to go the distance. He is a solid athlete. 
I don't think he's great. I think he is probably a Championship standard right back and he will almost definitely be one of the first names on the team sheet next year.

How much did he cost, 4m? He's been one of our best signings and probably one of the cheapest. Just shows how much we done f***** things up, baby. 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 04:09, Keyblade said:

But Guilbert is barely average going forward

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But Guilbert is barely average going forward

It isn't about his ability though. It is about his movement. He doesn't have to do shit, he just has to get out wide and overlap which creates space for our wingers, strikers and midfielders to exploit. 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 06:04, sharkyvilla said:

Cuellar at RB was pretty remarkable under O'Neill. Don't think he was allowed to cross the half way line let alone put a cross in. 

8 minutes ago, parisvilla said:

Cuellar at RB was pretty remarkable under O'Neill. Don't think he was allowed to cross the half way line let alone put a cross in. 

True, though from what I remember he at least was a threat from set pieces.

2 seasons in a row he's been in relegation struggling sides.

Will be good for him with a season in the Champ where he can look forward to games instead of dreading them

Where he can improve his game instead of worrying about a superior opposition.

• 3 weeks later...
Â