Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Horrific from first minute of the Southampton game til last minute of this game

Fixed for you. 

The only redeeming feature for Frederic tonight is that there were several other awful performances too. But even in that pile of bile he still stood out. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I generally like him but this has been one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed. He ought to be ashamed of himself

Why do people keep saying that ?

Sure you can't fault his work rate - and he makes some great looking last ditch tackles - but his passing, positional sense, and decision making are close to zero. There is a reason why he is homing in on his second successive relegation. Get rid.

Was so clear he needed replacing, and we even had a right back already on the pitch.

Maybe the worst performance by a Villa player all season?

Btw, whoscored.com taking the absolute piss giving him a 6.5 out of 10. Joke website.

11 hours ago, hippo said:

Sure you can't fault his work rate - and he makes some great looking last ditch tackles - 

The probelm with his work rate is that he sprints after the ball instead of staying in position and marking his opponent. He sprinted after the ball last night leaving barnes wide open and then leicester just passed it around him leaving him stranded. Also his last ditch tackles are because he's out of position in the first place. I don't remember McGrath ever sliding in like that because he knew where to be. 

14 hours ago, hippo said:

Sure you can't fault his work rate - and he makes some great looking last ditch tackles - but his passing, positional sense, and decision making are close to zero. 

add into the mix of bad qualities he has for a fullback, ball  watching. I lost count of the number of times James Justin who i might add was playing his 4th ever premier league game coming from league 1 was able to get in behind Guilbert because he was watching the ball rather than having any awareness of where his man was. I don't even want to think about how many times Barnes took him apart. 

He looks like a guy signed by a team in mid table in the championship which is exactly what we were when we actually signed him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

The probelm with his work rate is that he sprints after the ball instead of staying in position and marking his opponent. He sprinted after the ball last night leaving barnes wide open and then leicester just passed it around him leaving him stranded. Also his last ditch tackles are because he's out of position in the first place. I don't remember McGrath ever sliding in like that because he knew where to be. 

Bobby Moore never even got his shorts dirty in the 1966 World Cup. Why throw yourself to the ground if you don't have to?

ATB

VLD.

Â