Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

To me he looks like he isn't enjoying playing at the moment, just not happy at all

He is out of his depth that's why - week in week out he comes up against a player who is simply on a different level.

Think we should cut our losses - whatever division we are in.

He Truly had a shocker no doubt about it and he needed subbing with Elmo pushed back to RB .... Wouldn't wrote him off yet as he has shown enough for me to persevere with ...

Bar A couple of good individual  performances the team has been collectively shite and that’s on Smith for me...

15 hours ago, hippo said:

He is out of his depth that's why - week in week out he comes up against a player who is simply on a different level.

Think we should cut our losses - whatever division we are in.

I think he's been decent on the whole tbh - but he was utterly woeful against Leicester.

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think he's been decent on the whole tbh - but he was utterly woeful against Leicester.

In the main I'd agree although I'd add Southampton into that too. I do think he's been at fault for a lot of goals though and is a significant quarter of a poor defence. 

As with others there is probably a PL player in there its just going to take some time for the consistency to come. Probably too long for us unfortunately. 

18 hours ago, mykeyb said:

To me he looks like he isn't enjoying playing at the moment, just not happy at all

He put an Insta story on (probably a couple of months ago now), and it said something like 'Even if for no-one else, do it for your family', did make me wonder at the time as even then he hadn't looked happy for ages.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Keep reading this very sentence on here .....the last word seems to change after each match.

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

He really did look like a competent player at the beginning of the season. Tough tackler with a mean cross on him. What happened?

He played in a team relegated from ligue 1. Bordeaux didn't think he was good enough. Not having a pop at him personally. He isn't good enough. Suso needs to be sacked.

On 11/03/2020 at 20:13, Johnnyp said:

He played in a team relegated from ligue 1. Bordeaux didn't think he was good enough. Not having a pop at him personally. He isn't good enough. Suso needs to be sacked.

He was signed when we were mid table in the Championship, not for Premier League 

• Like 1

Just putting it out there but is it not blaming a player for the fault of the system?

As said above a few times, he played better at the start of the season. Thats when we were playing 442. It also appeared that he was encouraged to get forward on the overlap and make forward runs with a CM or Winger covering if ball was lost. He was quick and liked to cross.

Now we try play 523 a system that should suit him more but has terrible flaws. He has also been moved from RB to RCB in the back 3, a much different job. Add to that lack of protection from the winger/wing backs and our so called DM's and you would be all over the place. 

I also assume Engels having the speed of an asmathic ant and the decision making of brain injured goldfish playing inside you hardly inspires confidence 

Just something ive seen watching him closely last few games. Love to know if others see the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gordy said:

Just putting it out there but is it not blaming a player for the fault of the system?

As said above a few times, he played better at the start of the season. Thats when we were playing 442. It also appeared that he was encouraged to get forward on the overlap and make forward runs with a CM or Winger covering if ball was lost. He was quick and liked to cross.

Now we try play 523 a system that should suit him more but has terrible flaws. He has also been moved from RB to RCB in the back 3, a much different job. Add to that lack of protection from the winger/wing backs and our so called DM's and you would be all over the place. 

I also assume Engels having the speed of an asmathic ant and the decision making of brain injured goldfish playing inside you hardly inspires confidence 

Just something ive seen watching him closely last few games. Love to know if others see the same.

That's just not even true. Not remotely happened at all.

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

That's just not even true. Not remotely happened at all.

Ok so just so I can explain my confusion then. We have been playing 5 at the back. We have been playing with 2 CDMs and 3 up top, the wing backs providing width. This is agreed across the site as our formation.

Against City El Ghazi and Grealish played off Samatta with Luiz and Nakamba in centre.

Against Leicester Hourihan and Grealish off Samatta, Luiz and Nakamba in centre.

So with 5 at the back, Elmo, Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett.

Since Elmo lived on the right touchline, he would be the right wing back.

Hence Guilbert being deployed at RCB? unless we played a RWB and a RB?

Edited by gordy

On 11/03/2020 at 19:13, Johnnyp said:

Jack Grealish was in a team relegated from the PL rock bottom with one the worst ever points totals. Wonder what happened to that fella.

For real though, I have no idea why people continue to judge a player based on his team's performances. Unless you're absolutely world class, chances are you're not going to be able to drag your team with you if they're just shit. Which is fine, we don't need world class players. We just need PL ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gordy said:

Ok so just so I can explain my confusion then. We have been playing 5 at the back. We have been playing with 2 CDMs and 3 up top, the wing backs providing width. This is agreed across the site as our formation.

Against City El Ghazi and Grealish played off Samatta with Luiz and Nakamba in centre.

Against Leicester Hourihan and Grealish off Samatta, Luiz and Nakamba in centre.

So with 5 at the back, Elmo, Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett.

Since Elmo lived on the right touchline, he would be the right wing back.

Hence Guilbert being deployed at RCB? unless we played a RWB and a RB?

I think elmo was deployed as a right winger - even if it didnt work like that. To say guilbert played as a rcb is way off the mark though... In my opinion. He was wing back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I think elmo was deployed as a right winger - even if it didnt work like that. To say guilbert played as a rcb is way off the mark though... In my opinion. He was wing back.

Thats all good mate, were allowed to disagree, its good discourse.

Honestly watching our team lately looked like a back 3 of Engels, Mings and Guilbert as 3 CB with 2 wing backs.

Â