Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

i don't know what the issue is, but you would hope a bit of morality exists here.

We gave him the opportunity to turn his fortunes around and he has.....surely a bit of credit must go to us and surely that should find its way in to any sensible negotiation.

Bournemouth can clearly see the player wants to come to us, They should find a reasonable way of that happening.

Just now, TRO said:

i don't know what the issue is, but you would hope a bit of morality exists here.

We gave him the opportunity to turn his fortunes around and he has.....surely a bit of credit must go to us and surely that should find its way in to any sensible negotiation.

Bournemouth can clearly see the player wants to come to us, They should find a reasonable way of that happening.

Nah, from Bournemouth’s perspective it’s just business. They have a commodity we want, so they set the terms. 

Unfortunately that’s the world we live in now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Nah, from Bournemouth’s perspective it’s just business. They have a commodity we want, so they set the terms. 

Unfortunately that’s the world we live in now. 

yeah deep down I know, you are right.

I hope we resist anymore loans unless we have a pre- set buy out clause...like Hause.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah, agreed. 

Honestly though, I think Mings would be the most important business we do this summer. On this one occasion I’m not too fussed if we pay over the odds. He was fundamental to our success and to bringing us as fans together and behind the team last year.

I could not agree more.....there are always going to be exceptions to every rule.....I think the club should bite the bullet and get the deal done and learn afterwards.

Hause and McGinn was exceptional deals, you can't nick 'em all.

• Like 3

We need to focus our attention on an alternative I'm afraid . Ming's will leave Bournemouth but we shouldn't be involved in an auction. He's a good player but he's not worth putting our rebuilding on hold for , we have to move on .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m not sure where the £20m price came from... seems to have been repeated quite a lot but not sure where it started.

I'll give you a clue. 

It begins with "Twit" and ends in "ter" so now it's Gospel. 

No one knows why it's delayed or how much anyone is asking. 

He's more than likely just told his agent he's on holiday and will sort it out when he gets back. 

Being linked with Kongolo from Huddersfiekd now. Plays same side of defence as Mings. Whilst squad depth is important, I get the feeling this is Plan B if we cant reach an agreement for Mings. Or a sign to Bournemouth we do have options and they cant just dictate it and bugger us around.

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll give you a clue. 

It begins with "Twit" and ends in "ter" so now it's Gospel. 

No one knows why it's delayed or how much anyone is asking. 

He's more than likely just told his agent he's on holiday and will sort it out when he gets back. 

Or he’s told his agent to get it sorted out while he’s on holiday. I don’t think players have anymore involvement than taking their agents advise that it’s a good deal, (or not) and signing the contract, (or not). 

As gutted as I would be , think this is a deal we could revisit in January if we can't get over the line this window , can't see Bournemouth and Ming's seeing eye to eye after this past month

45 minutes ago, tinker said:

We need to focus our attention on an alternative I'm afraid . Ming's will leave Bournemouth but we shouldn't be involved in an auction. He's a good player but he's not worth putting our rebuilding on hold for , we have to move on .

That would certainly give Bournemouth a kick up the arse.

27 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Being linked with Kongolo from Huddersfiekd now. Plays same side of defence as Mings. Whilst squad depth is important, I get the feeling this is Plan B if we cant reach an agreement for Mings. Or a sign to Bournemouth we do have options and they cant just dictate it and bugger us around.

Because a poster mentioned him on here yesterday and hours later it's a Twitter rumour

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It's the 17th of June. We are nowhere near moving on stage. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Given how crazy the Wesley transfer was I'd be surprised if the best backup option for Tyrone Mings was Kongolo. I'd also be surprised as the rumour was started on here.

Can't wait to see him signed but even if it goes to the wire at least he knows us so should fit in relatively easily.

Just had a thought whilst typing, I wonder if he us waiting to see if JT will still be with us before committing? 

23 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Can't wait to see him signed but even if it goes to the wire at least he knows us so should fit in relatively easily.

Just had a thought whilst typing, I wonder if he us waiting to see if JT will still be with us before committing? 

I doubt the problem is with him. 

It will likely be the transfer fee that is causing problems. 

Bournemouth know they have something we want so currently hold all the cards. 

• Like 1

Â