Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

13 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I trust that the club and DS are doing all they can to get Mings to sign and we can't ask for more than that. 

Don't forget;

• Mings is on holidays in Barbados or somewhere so he ain't dealing with contracts, agents, clubs, etc. 
  • He was wearing his Villa kit for something like 24/36 hours after the final.
  • He seemed to really enjoy his time here - evident by his performances and the rapport he struck with the fans (going over at the end of games, singing from the Hilton hotel, giving shirts away, etc.)
  • We have at least a matching clause with Bournemouth and his time seems to be up at Bournemouth after the injuries, limited playing time, etc. would be best for both parties. 
  • No rumours of anyone else interested in him from what I understand.
  • Its only June 18th.

Chill - I believe it will happen 🤞

I somehow think that Bournmouth maybe holding out for other clubs coming in for Mings so we have to match or better the price, it makes sense for them to hold out last minute on this deal and see if any more interest happens on Mings.

• Like 1

As someone mentioned before, TM already knows is way around and even if he has to work his way into the side (under the assumption we already have have to centre halves ready to play). 

I don't care if he strolls into Villa Park on deadline day, still wearing his kit from the final.

For the first time in I can't remember how long, if ever, I have complete faith in the people in charge to not get screwed over. We can still go elsewhere if we feel the need to.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

As someone mentioned before, TM already knows is way around and even if he has to work his way into the side (under the assumption we already have have to centre halves ready to play). 

I don't care if he strolls into Villa Park on deadline day, still wearing his kit from the final.

For the first time in I can't remember how long, if ever, I have complete faith in the people in charge to not get screwed over. We can still go elsewhere if we feel the need to.

Great post.

I have faith knowing the club will be doing all it can to bring back Axel and Mings and I hope we get them both over the line.

I have not been this excited about a villa team being built since Ron Atkinson walked on the pitch with a microphone before Dean Saunders arrived.

Happy days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great post.

I have faith knowing the club will be doing all it can to bring back Axel and Mings and I hope we get them both over the line.

I have not been this excited about a villa team being built since Ron Atkinson walked on the pitch with a microphone before Dean Saunders arrived.

Happy days.

The buzz is back. It feels even more exciting then when Lerner took over!

As for Mings. I’m sure this will happen in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The buzz is back. It feels even more exciting then when Lerner took over!

As for Mings. I’m sure this will happen in the nectar couple of weeks.

Sweet!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Pay whatever it takes to get him is my stance.

He was head and shoulders above almost every defender in the championship. 

I don't care how many foreign CBs we can sign for the same or less, he was the heart of the defence once he joined and we need that consistency from last season.

So if Bournemouth want 30-35m then we should pay it?

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you look at West Ham asking £75m for Diop, and Leicester asking for around £80m for Maguire... personally I would pay up.

Not only for the impact on the pitch, but he's well known/respected in the changing room, and adored by the fans.

He’s got a coaching academy and is currently  advertising it on Instagram. At the bottom of every post, he keeps putting something along the lines of, still not a transfer announcement . I think he wants it competed as quick as us fans.

• Like 1

He was as commanding and composed as VVD at times last season. Yes, it was the championship, but this is someone who has hardly played any football at all in 2 years. To come back and be an instant leader, and organise our backline to look as solid as anything I've seen in years is worth £20-25m easily in my eyes. His injuries will hopefully be behind him now and we can look forward to a fantastic investment and have him for his prime years.

If I were Eddie Howe, I would want another club to get involved and drive the price up. I'd know the Villa interest is concrete and what Villa's opening offer is, so I would already factor that into my transfer budget.

I'd also want to send out a message that I can't be bullied into releasing players quickly. Especially by lads who I think have disrespected me and the club in the past.

Everything points to this happening much later than expected -- perhaps even deadline day.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

If I were Eddie Howe, I would want another club to get involved and drive the price up. I'd know the Villa interest is concrete and what Villa's opening offer is, so I would already factor that into my transfer budget.

I'd also want to send out a message that I can't be bullied into releasing players quickly. Especially by lads who I think have disrespected me and the club in the past.

Everything points to this happening much later than expected -- perhaps even deadline day.

the problem is we dont want to wait until deadline day.

If we end up waiting until the last minute and it doesnt come off, we may not be able to get someone suitable in the time left and end up in a right pickle.

IMO we need to get it done by a certain time, or move on and find someone else.

I love Mings and would be gutted if he didnt come, but at the same time we cant put ourselves in a precarious position of not having a center back in place 10 minutes before the deadline.

Im hoping we get it done asap.

This one's getting me the most antsy. We already got Anwar and Kourtney over the line. Mings looked just as likely to sign. He's even more important for us than the other 2, the sooner we get this done the better. 

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the problem is we dont want to wait until deadline day.

If we end up waiting until the last minute and it doesnt come off, we may not be able to get someone suitable in the time left and end up in a right pickle.

IMO we need to get it done by a certain time, or move on and find someone else.

I love Mings and would be gutted if he didnt come, but at the same time we cant put ourselves in a precarious position of not having a center back in place 10 minutes before the deadline.

Im hoping we get it done asap.

Yeah, I'm not saying this is a good situation, but what we want and what ends up happening are two different things. Bournemouth have no obligation to sell up quickly.

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I somehow think that Bournmouth maybe holding out for other clubs coming in for Mings so we have to match or better the price, it makes sense for them to hold out last minute on this deal and see if any more interest happens on Mings.

If they hold out until the last minute we will probably have bought all our centre backs.I do not believe our guys will wait around for Mings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great post.

Happy days.

Happy days indeed. I'm old enough to remember the cup wins in the 70's the glory glory days of the 80's - but nothing was more exciting than witnessing Big Rons team

Hope I'm wrong on this but I've got a nagging feeling that Arsenal might just be sniffing around for a centre half.....and.....well..... i just hope they go french again and leave TM to us !

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well there is a ceiling somewhere but I doubt anyone else would get into a bidding war with us over 20 million unless they have really done their homework. I’m thinking we will pay somewhere between 15-20 million and it will be worth it. I wouldn’t go above 30 million because that’s crazy but we need this signing imo.

• Thanks 1

30 Million is crazy...  I love Mings as much as the next guy, but lets be realistic here.  He's only played 6 months of consistent football over the past 3 years and has had a lot of injuries throughout his career.  He looked like the best CB in the Championship when he was here, but we probably could have gotten him for <10 Million in January if we wanted to gamble.  No, we need to haggle over the price.  We'll get him eventually for ~15 Million.

• Like 2

Â