Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

How tall is Carlos? I know Mings is over 6 ft.  I feel we don't pose enough threat from corners with our big defenders.

12 Tommy Elphicks ;)

You’re right though, we barely ever score headers from corners. In the clip on his thread, Carlos does score a few. So that’s a bonus. 

Edited by It's Your Round

Hang on, why is there talk of selling Mings? I know we have just bought a new CB in Diego Carlos, and he has played LCB for Seville, but as far as I can tell Diego Carlos is a right footed CB, so should easily slot in next to Ty at CB. Then we will have two strong, fast and robust centre backs playing at CB which sounds pretty good to me. You would imagine opposition forwards would know they were in for a tough game if you came up against those two. For me, this spells the end of Hause if anyone is to leave.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Hang on, why is there talk of selling Mings? I know we have just bought a new CB in Diego Carlos, and he has played LCB for Seville, but as far as I can tell Diego Carlos is a right footed CB, so should easily slot in next to Ty at CB. Then we will have two strong, fast and robust centre backs playing at CB which sounds pretty good to me. You would imagine opposition forwards would know they were in for a tough game if you came up against those two. For me, this spells the end of Hause if anyone is to leave.

Combination of things. Along with the Diego Carlos being a LCB at Sevilla some people believe he’s simply not good enough to push on. Some just want to take advantage of his value which is at the highest point it’s ever been and that ties into some people reading a rumor about Newcastle wanting him for £30 million. Some think Tarkowski is still coming which would mean Mings to the bench and he wouldn’t stick around to be a bench warmer. I’m probably missing one or two more.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Combination of things. Along with the Diego Carlos being a LCB at Sevilla some people believe he’s simply not good enough to push on. Some just want to take advantage of his value which is at the highest point it’s ever been and that ties into some people reading a rumor about Newcastle wanting him for £30 million. Some think Tarkowski is still coming which would mean Mings to the bench and he wouldn’t stick around to be a bench warmer. I’m probably missing one or two more.

Yeah I guess there are the rumours circulating.

I can’t see Tarkowski coming tbh. Mings is ahead of him in the England squad reckoning for a reason, so I don’t see it happening now. Also, I think we need a bit of continuity moving forward to have a chance of progress.

I have just seen Mings has posted a welcome messsge on Instagram for Diego Carlos, and follows him. I hope that means he is staying, as I think he still has an important role to play in our progression.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I guess there are the rumours circulating.

I can’t see Tarkowski coming tbh. Mings is ahead of him in the England squad reckoning for a reason, so I don’t see it happening now. Also, I think we need a bit of continuity moving forward to have a chance of progress.

I have just seen Mings has posted a welcome messsge on Instagram for Diego Carlos, and follows him. I hope that means he is staying, as I think he still has an important role to play in our progression.

Just seen that, he follows him too. Doubt he’d do that if he was intending to leave. With Tarkowski looking unlikely now, Ming and Carlos look to be the back two. Hopefully the form a solid base with Kamara in front.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just on Mings…

I think we would be stupid to sell him. He’s been a massive part of our revival, he helped bring leadership, professionalism and character to our team when we sorely needed it. Tyrone has been with us on the journey back from mid table championship obscurity, I remember the time he stopped his car outside the Aston Tavern and spoke to the fans, he was mobbed by people so happy to have him. Have we forgotten what he did after the play off final? Full kit on the train to Bournemouth.. we all loved him!

He has represented our club for England and made us all proud with his comments and performances. He’s a perfect captain, if you ask me. His comeback form injuries has fallen inline with our resurgence, it’s been a great fit and I’d like nothing more than to see him complete his mission and lead us out in Europe. 

He’s not perfect and makes mistakes, sure. But what he brings outside of those mistakes more than makes up for it. In my opinion. He’s not done here yet.

I am not disputing anything you are saying but Premier League football with ambitions of qualifying for Europe is not a place for sentiment. The management of the club need to be ruthless in their decision making to take us to the next level

• Like 1

Should no way sell him. He is the most, Aston Villa, player we have left in the squad. When he doesn’t play we really struggle and his leadership is immense.

he also seems to have cut out most of the mistakes in recent weeks. He’s also a bit of a nasty bugger and pantomime villain to other teams which is exactly what we need.

• Like 4

I love Ty but i am coming round to the idea that any team that loses 50 percent of their league games needs massive work on the character side as well as the footballing side.  And to bring in a new Captain that has a winning mentality/ winning record might help. 

He is a wonderful human being but is he nasty enough and demanding enough of his team mates ? 

Just playing devils advocate here as it might be a valid view . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Should no way sell him. He is the most, Aston Villa, player we have left in the squad. When he doesn’t play we really struggle and his leadership is immense.

he also seems to have cut out most of the mistakes in recent weeks. He’s also a bit of a nasty bugger and pantomime villain to other teams which is exactly what we need.

We all know Gerrard’s spoken about consistency. I think it’s fairly safe to say Mings has been one of the most, if not the most consistent player since SG took over. 

• Like 1

Mings will be up for the challenge to get back into the England squad and keep his place in the 1st XI… Competition for places raises standards and he’s been assured of his spot for too long. No offence to Hause whom is a talented defender btw . 

I've been critical of Mings, even said we should upgrade, but maybe getting Carlos in to partner him, an older, more experienced head, might calm him and take some pressure off him.  We'll know by August anyway what will happen but I think we'll start the season with Mings and Carlos starting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I've been critical of Mings, even said we should upgrade, but maybe getting Carlos in to partner him, an older, more experienced head, might calm him and take some pressure off him.  We'll know by August anyway what will happen but I think we'll start the season with Mings and Carlos starting.

Agree but just to nitpick, Mings is actually two days older than Diego Carlos.

Â