Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Another very good performance from him today. Him and Cash have probably been our best players under Gerrard.

He does have the occasional brain fart, but he more than makes up for it in the rest of his game. Top guy, and a good defender to boot. We’ll need to replace him eventually, but I’d be happy if he was still first choice next season. 

I think two changes in summer will help his game even more. 

Firstly is a new CB partner to take the pressure of playing it out from the back off Mings. The second is a new CDM who will protect the CBs being exposed. 

Mings is a top defender and a great leader. His place next season is assured. Konsa however will likely lose his place to new CB signing and ask to be allowed leave

Can't tell whether he tried to clear it and misjudged it so ended up standing on it or, he tried to control it. The first is a mistake and the second is a poor decision. That has to be blasted clear. 

11 minutes ago, grobs said:

Can’t watch him anymore. Absolute disaster of a defender. 

Absolute disaster of an over-reaction after a game. He has his moments but he's generally top notch. 

• Like 2

silly mistake for the goal, but apart form that was decent.

unfortunately mings was mostly responsible for the first, konsa mostly for the second imo.

i would keep mings.

konsa needs to go.

• Like 3

He's been in quietly good form for a while. He had a poor moment, and sadly it led to a goal (his fault, but also there was plenty of chance in all that pinball). His ricks are more visible than others but overall he's a good defender and a fine leader. He stays.

Konsa on the other hand is a goner for me, and I feel fairly confident that when we play our first match next season Mings will be playing and Konsa won't. 

• Like 4

This is what he does. He’ll cost you 5/6 goals in a season and have two or three calamitous performances along with it. 

Outside of that, he’s excellent. Over the last 5/6 games he’s probably been our best player. 

He’s not perfect, but we’ll be buying a centre half to partner him, not replace him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

This is what he does. He’ll cost you 5/6 goals in a season and have two or three calamitous performances along with it. 

Outside of that, he’s excellent. Over the last 5/6 games he’s probably been our best player. 

He’s not perfect, but we’ll be buying a centre half to partner him, not replace him. 

Absolutely. He's not the issue. 

• Like 1

This is why mings will never be a top player. He always has a 1 in 5 game like this when he makes vital errors that cost us goals.

If we had not conceded so early after our goal we really could have got something today

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That takes me back to the days we had Mellberg and Laursen. They both had a mistake in them, bit were mostly excellent. The difference they had was that the one was always there to cover the mistake of the other.

Konsa offers nothing to help Mings.

Mings isn't perfect, but he's comfortably the better of the 2.

• Like 2

Â