Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

19 hours ago, Kingman said:

IMO Konsa is the best defender at the club, I would happily see Konsa paired up with one of Stones, Coady or Tarkowski over Mings. 

Coady and Tarkowski aren't better than Mings. Neither is Stones- but I feel he should be

Edited by Danishlad

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's part of the problem

There's seemingly no such thing as us conceding a good attacking goal, every goal we concede almost has to a mistake from someone, the fault and blame has to lie somewhere within our own team 

The next goal we concede people will actively be looking round to see where mings is and what part he played in it

It was a good move by United. He missed a header (not really missed, but couldn't get to it in time). It happens. There was still a lot for United to do before and after that header.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It was a good move by United. He missed a header (not really missed, but couldn't get to it in time). It happens. There was still a lot for United to do before and after that header.

McGinn and Targett got played through like they weren't even there. Wan-Bissaka had all day to make a pin point accurate cross and that's exactly what he did.

Traore got blamed when he let Chilwell run free for Chelsea's goal. Where is the subsequent blame for Targett and AEG who aren't even in frame when Wan-Bissaka crosses to Martial?  Not trying to scapegoat but moreso point out that conceded goals usually have multiple failures. Mings missed header is merely the last in a series of errors. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

McGinn and Targett got played through like they weren't even there. Wan-Bissaka had all day to make a pin point accurate cross and that's exactly what he did.

Traore got blamed when he let Chilwell run free for Chelsea's goal. Where is the subsequent blame for Targett and AEG who aren't even in frame when Wan-Bissaka crosses to Martial?  Not trying to scapegoat but moreso point out that conceded goals usually have multiple failures. Mings missed header is merely the last in a series of errors. 

You could even argue it’s one that Martinez would normally save. Not blaming him for a second but his set his own standard so high he’d be disappointed he dived out the way.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Defenders make mistakes that lead to goals. How do you think most goals are scored? Were people banking on a clean sheet at Old Trafford or something? It's amazing how each of Mings' mistakes are hyper-analyzed and blown up. In the bigger picture, he's a major part of the league's 3rd best defence and also plays an important role in starting our attack, which also happens to be the league's 5th most potent.

The Burnley one is still the most pathetic excuse against Mings, having a go at him for losing the ball in the Burnley box from a corner which they didnt score from

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kingman said:

Behave!

well I would be very disappointed if we replaced minds with either Cody or Tarkowski. I don't particularly rate either. however stones would be good addition if we were to play three at the back. I think he makes a mistake now and again but is a big threat from attacking set pieces. The other two are so overrated!

I definitely prefer Konsa but I like both a lot and they work well together. I wouldn't want to directly replace either anytime soon, I feel like if someone becomes available at a good price who would be good competition for a starting spot bring them in but I wouldn't be out hunting for a replacement. Strong settled back 5 is key to moving forward and I don't think we can improve much on who we've got until we kick on to the next level. 

Mings is a good defender but his strength is also his weakness.

His ‘rolls Royce’ classy way of doing things I feel is because he is such a confident guy, however being over confident leads to mistakes. When he is having a good stretch of games it’s because he has the balance right.

• Like 1

Mings is a very good defender.  Does he sometimes lose his head? Yes.  However, I think his general play and how he goes about his business makes up for that and I'm glad he plays for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Mings is a very good defender.  Does he sometimes lose his head? Yes.  However, I think his general play and how he goes about his business makes up for that and I'm glad he plays for us.

Sergio Ramos has been one of the best defenders in the world in the last decade. Doesn't mean he hasnt lost his head and gotten multiple stupid red cards. Real Madrid wouldn't swap him for anybody else and he has a nice trophy cabinet 

• Like 2

He's just a reallykey part of the side. He's a great role model too, Chester aside it's been a long time since we've had a CB I've warmed to in the way I have to Mings. Which for a club like ours and the affinity we've had for McGrath, Mellberg, Laursen is a shame really. 

I agree Konsa is in the better form, he's probably the better player or at least will be if not already. But Mings is key to what we're trying to build here, off the pitch as much as on it. 

Think it's easy to forget at times just how crucial he was to reinvigorating the side during his loan spell. We *had* to sign either him or Tammy. Almost regardless of fee. It had to happen. 

• Like 2

Â