Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Bad decision for a goal that should have been given offside, obviously some other Bad moments.

He still played well and made a lot of clearances and interceptions.

I get the critique, I don’t get the hate 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What's the error?

He hasn't even brought the ball down before the bloke appearing from offside tackles him.

This is a **** joke. Happens every game this scenario and as soon as the player makes a move they flag.

No offence but if you can’t see an error there is no point us discussing in our views are too far apart.

Bit harsh on here tonight.

Citeeeh were superb at times tonight, but their GK probably made better saves, and that was because of the defensive unit in front of Martinez.

Mings didn't know/ was aware of an offside player behind him, and did the right thing in trying to keep the ball, we needed more possession at the time. The useless referee made the mistake not Mings.

A bit rich of Plug criticising him for making mistakes as well.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get Mings makes mistakes now and then but how the rest of his performance today can be totally ignored because he got tackled by a player that is offside amazes me.

VillaTalk gonna VillaTalk unfortunately. Guarantee you if it happens to Konsa then things are a lot different but 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

Just now, TrentVilla said:

No offence but if you can’t see an error there is no point us discussing in our views are too far apart.

He's not made an error. He's been **** over by a ridiculous interpretation of the rules. 

• Like 2

Even allowing for the refereeing, it's another Mings howler and another goal concdeded because of it. I've lost count of how many that is this season and last now. No good looking the part for 70 minutes if you make a match changing error every single game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

The guy was offside that doesn’t mean it wasn’t an error by Mings, Rio Ferdinand knows what he is talking about and that’s how he called it.

Obviously it is a mistake by Mings, but it shouldn't matter. Ref whistles, as he should, and we're not discussing it now.

I’m certainly not in any rush to get rid of him, I can’t believe people would genuinely want that,  he’s excellent for the level we are.
But there’s a massive difference and line between being able to play and taking huge risks every game, which he does and seems to get caught far too often. Even ignoring the offside decision, in which he should have taken no chances, he also almost dropped Konsa in it earlier in the game.

He clearly can play but I’d like like a bit less swagger and a bit more safety first on the scale personally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Even allowing for the refereeing, it's another Mings howler and another goal concdeded because of it. I've lost count of how many that is this season and last now. No good looking the part for 70 minutes if you make a match changing error every single game.

Agreed. Regardless of the ref, you play to the whistle and assume people are active. 

Just now, penguin said:

I’m certainly not in any rush to get rid of him, I can’t believe people would genuinely want that,  he’s excellent for the level we are.
But there’s a massive difference and line between being able to play and taking huge risks every game, which he does and seems to get caught far too often. Even ignoring the offside decision, in which he should have taken no chances, he also almost dropped Konsa in it earlier in the game.

He clearly can play but I’d like like a bit less swagger and a bit more safety first on the scale personally.

I don't want him replaced yet, we have higher priorities. I'd certainly like him to be dropped for a couple of games for Hause though. He needs to know he's not an automatic first pick if he keeps making mistakes. 

Â