Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

He's not made an error. He's been **** over by a ridiculous interpretation of the rules. 

Correct.

Watkins gets blown for a foul immediately.

He doesn't have the ball yet.

What happens if he reaches trying to head it, flicks it on and Rodri is through on goal? Ref wouldn't blow? Of course he would.

Here's the rule apparently

"A player in an offside position, receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, is not considered to have gained an advantage."

Could argue that its a shit rule, but if its true, then there's some argument he's technically onside

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Well Rio Ferdinand disagrees and I agree with him.

Well I think you're both wrong, sorry. They said the rule was that he 'played the ball' - he didn't play the ball, he was controlling it and was tackled. 

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Here's the rule apparently

"A player in an offside position, receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, is not considered to have gained an advantage."

Could argue that its a shit rule, but if its true, then there's some argument he's technically onside

What does 'play the ball' mean, exactly? That for me is the crux of the matter - for me that's a pass or something like that 

Just now, lexicon said:

Well I think you're both wrong, sorry. They said the rule was that he 'played the ball' - he didn't play the ball, he was controlling it and was tackled. 

I agree, as did Ferdinand. It was a mistake it needlessly take it down, the poor chest down was a mistake. I’m not saying it wasn’t offside it clearly was but that doesn’t negate the error.

Its an error yes, but does seems to be a controversial rule which many players and pundits are unaware of

None the lese, lets not slag off one of our most important defenders in recent years. He was a key person in keeping city at bay for such a long time.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

He should never have been brought straight back for Hause last time. He thinks he's undroppable, and he shouldn't be.  Two games, two mistakes, two goals, and we lose both of them.

Such absolute nonsense. Based on what, exactly? 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree, as did Ferdinand. It was a mistake it needlessly take it down, the poor chest down was a mistake. I’m not saying it wasn’t offside it clearly was but that doesn’t negate the error.

But it does, though - it's a ridiculous refereeing decision 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't want him replaced yet, we have higher priorities. I'd certainly like him to be dropped for a couple of games for Hause though. He needs to know he's not an automatic first pick if he keeps making mistakes. 

Certainly wouldn’t disagree with that.

Hause was very unlucky to lose his place straight away after his performances I thought.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Does the mistake not get cancelled out by the fact it was offside?

I've been shouted on here for criticising Ming's errors, but today I thought he was genuinely superb for most of the game.

Not for me.

One of the full backs could have been sitting on the floor injured playing someone on and even just being out of line etc, you play to the whistle. Mings took a risk and paid for it.

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

He should never have been brought straight back for Hause last time. He thinks he's undroppable, and he shouldn't be.  Two games, two mistakes, two goals, and we lose both of them.

the fact that until then he'd played a blinder, a key role in keeping the score 0-0 against the best team in the league, i presume is totally lost on you? why focus on the 1 negative and ignore all his other contributions in these games?

Â