Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just checked guys, the team that got the most clean sheets in the PL is called Aston Villa!
The center-backs for the other teams must have made a lot of stupid mistakes to lose to the defense led by Tyrone Mings - who is well known for his error-proneness.

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, picicata said:

I love how intelligently he comes across. Every good team needs a player like Mings. 

I think that's down to his background of actually having to work for a living rather than straight through the academy. He has more of a grasp of how fans feel and behave. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, picicata said:

I love how intelligently he comes across. Every good team needs a player like Mings. 

He is quite rare in football I think. Seems very bright and well spoken. Have a sneaky feeling he might be a reader as well, which excludes most footballers I suspect.

I do however disagree with the statement that "you're not fit to wear the shirt" is taking it too far. Or maybe more likely I don't understand the meaning of this as a foreigner. I thought that simply ment a player was too poor to deserve a place in the team. I think that's fair enough to say when a player doesn't perform over time. What I don't think is okay is to tell the player that over twitter, instagram or other social platforms. That for me is where it goes from public criticism to straight up abuse'esque treatment. Nor do I see the point to do so as a fan. Voicing your opinion on a forum is one thing, going into the social media with to seek the attention of players is something else entirely. 

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Thanks. I've listened to two podcasts and Dan Bardell keeps saying he's out the next game.

I think the BT Sport graphic confused people when he got booked. It had his shirt number on it which is of course 5

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I wish we gave him a bit more hero worship.

He's a complicated character, no doubt about that, but if you're going to name the 5 people who've taken this club from 14th in Championship to pushing for Europe, it's Purslow, Smith, Grealish, McGinn and Tyrone Mings.

He never seems to get the credit he deserves. He's been a servant to this club now over 3 seasons (and probably over several more to come) and us fans should show him more respect IMO.

Sometimes I get the feeling fans treat him as a tourist or something, just passing through the club. You look into this thread and it always feels like this it's right after his debut or something. Really weird. I try to stay away from this thread for that reason. 

• Like 1

Â