Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I've criticised Mings many times for his Cruyff Turn moments, that often seem to steal defeat from the jaws of victory. Genuinely can't even recall what moment people are talking about tonight though, I thought he did fine. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

A better team like Wolves?  Oh wait we kept a clean sheet there as well. Remind me who leagues the Prem in clean sheets again? 

You can't have it both ways. Our defense can't be one of the best in the Prem and leader of that backline also be poor every night. 

It's just criticism.

I feel he is making way too many errors on a consistent basis.

If you don't agree that's fine. No reason to make such a big deal out of it. Just one man's opinion.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's just criticism.

If you don't agree that's fine. No reason to make such a big deal out of it. Just one man's opinion.

10 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

A better team like Wolves?  Oh wait we kept a clean sheet there as well. Remind me who leads the Prem in clean sheets again? 

You can't have it both ways. Our defense can't be one of the best in the Prem and leader of that backline also be poor every night. 

It's a discussion forum. If you are wrong and feel the need to repeat yourself weekly then people are going to call you out. That's how this whole internet thing works. 

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's just criticism.

What's this glaring error you called him out for? 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What's this glaring error you called him out for? 

When he got caught in 2 minds at the edge of Burnley's box in the 1st half. Burnley nicked it away and started a break. Nothing of note came of it. 

I thought he had his best game in a while, and he also marshalled Hause very well. Good performance tonight, and unlucky not to grab the winner. His one moment where there was a slight error in the second half seemed to spur him on, he held his hand up in acknowledgement and kept up a high standard from then on. Top pro.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Heard the commentary team give him credit for being brilliant tonight, immediately thought it'll be funny to log in here after the game and see the usual crowd clutch at straws to find anything to blame him for.

Hasn't disappointed. 

I presume that was WM? Mike Taylor who's doing our games currently was marvelling at how well he was positioning himself to block out the Burnley crosses pretty much all the first half.

• Like 1

I mean, it was an error, I guess, in that he lost possession of the ball, and it so happened that they were able to get a counter out of it (which came to nothing). But it was in no way a bad error, and you're obviously going to have times in a football match when a player loses possession. A big shrug to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, it was an error, I guess, in that he lost possession of the ball, and it so happened that they were able to get a counter out of it (which came to nothing). But it was in no way a bad error, and you're obviously going to have times in a football match when a player loses possession. A big shrug to be honest.

How many attacking players lose the ball in the same position yet this is the 1st time I have ever seen a player called out for it. No surprise its against easy target Mings as usual 

Some people just have an agenda against him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many attacking players lose the ball in the same position yet this is the 1st time I have ever seen a player called out for it. No surprise its against easy target Mings as usual 

Some people just have an agenda against him

Yes exactly, players lose possession in the final third all the time. It's just not that big of a deal.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes exactly, players lose possession in the final third all the time. It's just not that big of a deal.

It's slightly different though when your CB loses possession in that instance, cus it usually leads to one less defender, as opposed to when any of the forward players lose it. Still it was hardly an error worth mentioning, given he was outstanding. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No you called him out in the middle of the game when he didn’t even do anything wrong. That’s an agenda and why nobody takes you seriously.  Had enough of your bullshit and will call you out on it every post. Sick of it.

You have my sympathy. Blocking doesn't work. He's on the wind-up in every thread. Insufferable.

• Haha 1

It was a woeful error sackable offence imo. How he didn't do a Cruyff turn and play a one two with Hause and bury it in the top corner whilst looking the other way I'll never know. Pathetic mistake.

Absolute boss today. I think I saw Chris Wood crying he'd been totally dominated. You can take him out your pocket now Tyrone!

Â