Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I wish we gave him a bit more hero worship.

He's a complicated character, no doubt about that, but if you're going to name the 5 people who've taken this club from 14th in Championship to pushing for Europe, it's Purslow, Smith, Grealish, McGinn and Tyrone Mings.

He never seems to get the credit he deserves. He's been a servant to this club now over 3 seasons (and probably over several more to come) and us fans should show him more respect IMO.

Totally agree. Grealish, McGinn and Mings have been so central in our resurgence as a club. 

We’re only now surrounding them with the quality they need to push us to even further heights! 

Slowly but surely, our club is transforming. A couple more quality players and who knows how high we can finish in the league. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Totally agree. Grealish, McGinn and Mings have been so central in our resurgence as a club. 

We’re only now surrounding them with the quality they need to push us to even further heights! 

Slowly but surely, our club is transforming. A couple more quality players and who knows how high we can finish in the league. 

I’m not saying we could win the PL but we can definitely finish in the top one. 

• Haha 3

On 18/12/2020 at 00:15, vreitti said:

It's slightly different though when your CB loses possession in that instance, cus it usually leads to one less defender, as opposed to when any of the forward players lose it. Still it was hardly an error worth mentioning, given he was outstanding. 

If your centre half is in the final 3rd they should be afforded the opportunity to take risks on the ball and potentially lose possession, like any other attacker. Their position in defence should be covered. 

Once again, Mings is criticised for undoubtedly following instructions. 

6 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not saying we could win the PL but we can definitely finish in the top one. 

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Not sure, I was thinking that if we really push, we should be able to finish above second.

Take it easy lads better to sit on the fence and all that but if Watkins and grealish get to 15 goals each for the season we've as good as got title number 8. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Isnt Milifield a private school?  How does that even happen?

It is, but it's very heavily weighted towards sports. Not to say the overall quality of teaching isn't great, I've just met a few from there who weren't involved in sports that rebelled quite a bit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I wish we gave him a bit more hero worship.

He's a complicated character, no doubt about that, but if you're going to name the 5 people who've taken this club from 14th in Championship to pushing for Europe, it's Purslow, Smith, Grealish, McGinn and Tyrone Mings.

He never seems to get the credit he deserves. He's been a servant to this club now over 3 seasons (and probably over several more to come) and us fans should show him more respect IMO.

I agree with everything you say here apart from him being a complicated character - is he? He seems very straightforward to me - has a brain, is happy to call out bullshit from basically any quarter, enjoys being fit and being a leader in our team. 

He isn’t the perfect defender but he’s achieved a hell of a lot more in a Villa (and now England) shirt than I ever expected when we first went after him on loan.

• Like 1

In the past 10 years when we've added leadership to the team, it's been in the form of players that I feel were past their best. Whelan, Jedinak, Lescott, Richards, etc off the top of my head. I have no doubt this was a major part in our relative demise as much as some of the chairman and manager issues we so frequently suffered. We had no leadership on the pitch and it showed.

Two players that we've brought in that stand out for me and they've been effective as a real team leader are Terry and Mings. The difference in the feel of the club since we've brought these guys in has been immense. I know Jack is our Captain, but Mings is becoming increasingly important to us as a club figurehead. He's obviously level headed, smart, and well spoken. I feel he must have also had a major hand in the improvements of Konsa, and more recently Hause. You can hear him guiding them through games.

• Like 2

Yeah he doesn't necessarily always get the adulation he deserves. I expect it's because of his playing style, which can sometimes appear casual, but honestly I'd much rather have the odd mistake than some talentless hoofball merchant.

• Like 4

He pisses me off immensely sometimes because when he makes mistakes, they always seem so completely unnecessary. Without those mistakes in his game though, let's face it, he wouldn't be at Villa right now. He's a bloody good footballer.

Also the de facto club captain. Jack can wear the armband, but we all know who the real leader is on the pitch. 

• Like 1

I can live with his mistakes. He’s not only a good centre back but is very vocal and an organizer. Easy to forget that despite of being older he’s played fewer career games than Konsa. He’s still learning and developing.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

In the past 10 years when we've added leadership to the team, it's been in the form of players that I feel were past their best. Whelan, Jedinak, Lescott, Richards, etc off the top of my head. I have no doubt this was a major part in our relative demise as much as some of the chairman and manager issues we so frequently suffered. We had no leadership on the pitch and it showed.

Two players that we've brought in that stand out for me and they've been effective as a real team leader are Terry and Mings. The difference in the feel of the club since we've brought these guys in has been immense. I know Jack is our Captain, but Mings is becoming increasingly important to us as a club figurehead. He's obviously level headed, smart, and well spoken. I feel he must have also had a major hand in the improvements of Konsa, and more recently Hause. You can hear him guiding them through games.

A certain fan on here doesn’t seem to get that. Wishes we had 2 Konsa’s in defence instead of Mings.  Some fans just don’t know anything about football. Ain’t that right mate?  @villalad21

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He pisses me off immensely sometimes because when he makes mistakes, they always seem so completely unnecessary.

Here are some things that piss me off at times more or less in order of immenseness.

War 
Pestilence
Trump
Brexit
Boris
Putin
People's stupidity
The fact Villa spent time in the third division
Blues fans
Mings sometimes making an unnecessary mistake.

OK I am joking about the Blues fans, they don't piss me off at all,  don't get them around where I live, but I just added them to the list to fit in a bit. Of course this is an absolutely abbreviated list, but should suffice for now.

I was wondering where Mings' occasional unnecessary mistake would fit in on that immenseness list for you.

Edited by fruitvilla

20 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Here are some things that piss me off at times more or less in order of immenseness.

War 
Pestilence
Trump
Brexit
Boris
Putin
People's stupidity
The fact Villa spent time in the third division
Blues fans
Mings sometimes making an unnecessary mistake.

OK I am joking about the Blues fans, they don't piss me off at all,  don't get them around where I live, but I just added them to the list to fit in a bit. Of course this is an absolutely abbreviated list, but should suffice for now.

I was wondering where Mings' occasional unnecessary mistake would fit in on that immenseness list for you.

Somewhere between getting to the checkout and realising I've forgot my wallet, and reading your post ;) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â