Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Why would you not give the captaincy to our vice-captain who deputised for nearly a third of last season?

He’s a communicator and leader on the pitch. He’s a model professional. He’s exactly what you want in a captain.

weridly, hasnt McGinn stood in as captain while Jack was out????

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Tyrone Mings, an intelligent, well-spoken proper man involved in his coaching academy for kids, interior design company, multiple charities, meanwhile shin splints says he doesn't know what an encyclopedia is and would be a club rep in Ibiza if not a footballer.

The encyclopedia thing is so dumb, keep seeing it everywhere. As if knowing of some obsolete medium is the mark of a man or intelligence.

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Has to be captain surely, always was to be honest. 

Disagree, I’d give it to Martinez. Mings has self-confessed recent/current mental health issues. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I’m not sure more pressure and responsibility on Mings is best for him or the team right now. 

Quite happy for Mings (a natural leader anyway) to occupy himself marshalling the defence. If we get JWP then he’s the leader in midfield and Ings up front.

That’s four potential captains front to back forming the spine of the team, but for my money Martinez is in a class of his own mentally.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Disagree, I’d give it to Martinez. Mings has self-confessed recent/current mental health issues. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I’m not sure more pressure and responsibility on Mings is best for him or the team right now. 

Quite happy for Mings (a natural leader anyway) to occupy himself marshalling the defence. If we get JWP then he’s the leader in midfield and Ings up front.

That’s four potential captains front to back forming the spine of the team, but for my money Martinez is in a class of his own mentally.

Well said. I hadn't even taken TM's MH in to account. Emi would have been my second choice as it goes.

Completely agree re JWP (if) and I've always preferred the captain to be in a central position. 

17 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Why would you not give the captaincy to our vice-captain who deputised for nearly a third of last season?

He’s a communicator and leader on the pitch. He’s a model professional. He’s exactly what you want in a captain.

He gets a lot of stick but without him sometimes the defence can fall apart. As big as Jack was to the squad 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Awol said:

Don't lie, you just don't like that he's a dirty, filthy liberal ;) 

• Haha 1

Mings easily captain for me. As for VC, all the suggestions make sense.

I think its great that we have so many leaders in the team.

53 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Has to be captain surely, always was to be honest. 

Easy to say now, but I’ve kinda considered him the captain in all but name since this tweet.

Bearing in mind this followed a 2-0 home defeat to Albion. Mings had been at the club for a couple of weeks at this point. The following week Villa drew with Stoke with an encouraging second half performance and then went on that winning run.

He was a loan player, no real ties to the club, yet here he was giving a call to arms to supporters when the form was dismal and it seemed like another season was lost.

For me he’s the obvious choice.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Easy to say now, but I’ve kinda considered him the captain in all but name since this tweet.

Bearing in mind this followed a 2-0 home defeat to Albion. Mings had been at the club for a couple of weeks at this point. The following week Villa drew with Stoke with an encouraging second half performance and then went on that winning run.

He was a loan player, no real ties to the club, yet here he was giving a call to arms to supporters when the form was dismal and it seemed like another season was lost.

For me he’s the obvious choice.

Sorry outa likes Mark. He's a natural for it, however as another poster highlighted, does him going through MH issues at the moment rule him out?

This all centered around the England camp, where imo he was treated inappropriately by Southgate and the ManU reps on the BBC in particular, TM was arguably our best player the game before he was replaced by Maguire.  Neville, Ferdinand and Southgate were bang out of order and Ty was probably made to feel 2 feet tall. 

There are levels to MH though, if this affair made him depressed enough, this is what he may be going through. People with serious MH issues were probably born that way or have gone through a life changing trauma that they just struggle with life after.

I'm hoping for TM that this is something that's now easily manageable for him and would not impact his game at all.

It's him, Emi or incoming for captain. 

• Like 1

more than anyone, I hope he benefits from the new set piece coach this year. He is a monster in hi sown box but doesnt score enough for me compared to ole slabhead at utd for instance. Adding a few more goals or even headed assists this year would certainly help us.

Â