Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, SJM said:

as a Scot, I've always embraced the 'anyone but england' thing, partly because we get a bit sick of hearing about '66 and all that, and partly because IMO, pettiness is part of what makes football fun...half my family is from england, so there's nothing anti-english about me, and i always supported Henman at wimbedon and so on...

...but it's players like Mings who made me genuinely gutted when England lost the other night, a feeling that was very alien to me. Massive, massive respect to him for calling Patel out on her pish. I really hope this group of england players gets the success they deserve at some point, and tbh, i'd be happy if southgate was the one to oversee them achieve something great, as he seems like a really good guy.

I'm not going to claim to be a die-hard villan, but this club has certainly grown on me since McGinn joined, and I've gone from looking for the results to now feeling proud that Mings is associated with the club that it would appear, almost unbeknownst to me, I now support.

Is your other club a Scottish one?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This dude made me laugh. Child's brain.

He seems to have dropped his Hoodblack metal fire GIF

(think that might be notre Dame cathedral but I'm suggesting he wouldn't be out of place in mississippi in 1964)

7 hours ago, rayk said:

No Mings didn’t call her a racist, he did call her out for not supporting taking the knee. I’m just suggesting a few things to connect the dots.

I think he was calling her out for not supporting taking the knee then saying how appalled she was at the abuse so it’s the Hipocrisy of her actions that mings rightly called out. The ides she is an awful human can be up to others to decide 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Regardless of what you think of his footballing ability, couldn't be prouder to have a human like Tyrone Mings representing Aston Villa Football Club. 

But while we're there he's a bloody good defender and leader.

• Like 2

Tyrone Mings has been discussed at Prime Ministers Questions. Keir Starmer quoted him and a Tory MP heckled that Ty was a Labour member to which journos are now confirming on Twitter that he is not.

His tweet has over half a million likes. 
Incredible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve always thought that Tyrone’s significance to the club was bigger than any individual performance. From his keeping his Villa kit on after the playoff final to him stepping forward as a strong voice both in the dressing room and his recent public statements against racism. He sets the tone  

That massive strength of character obviously translates on to the pitch too. He never hides even when things aren’t going so well. Who wouldn’t want him in their corner when the chips are down? I also believe he is under rated as a player. Defenders are a bit like goal keepers, in that their mistakes are usually highlighted because of the significance they can have on a result. He’s a fine player and is very influential in allowing us to play from the back with purpose rather than retaining the ball for the sake of it. 

In many ways he’s the beating heart of the club as a player. Players like Emi M are similar in character and I’m sure that it isn’t a coincidence that we place great store in a man’s character as part of the recruitment process. 

Thanks Tyrone. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Played a very large role in PMQs today.  He has really rattled the government this week, he even provided Starmer with some ammo to deliver some pretty good questions this week.

#Mings4PM

• Like 4

16 hours ago, SJM said:

not sure if i've figured out the quoting thing - yeah, my other club is Hibs, my interest in Villa was initially just following McGinn's progress, but over the course of the promotion winning season the club really grew on me. I'll definitely still follow Villa if McGinn leaves, though - a really great club.

Gotta love Hibs. They're like our good pals, right down to the trolling of Arsenal.

• Like 1

Â