Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

As much as I like Tyrone, as a play and a person, he wouldn't have been my choice as skipper.  He openly admits that he has mental health issues and needs help from his psychologist on match days.  Whilst I have no problem with this, I am not sure that the additional pressure of captaincy will help with this? 

Or maybe it will????

Personally, I would have gone with SJM - seems incredibly well liked as well - or Martinez.

Tyrone Mings, an intelligent, well-spoken proper man involved in his coaching academy for kids, interior design company, multiple charities, meanwhile shin splints says he doesn't know what an encyclopedia is and would be a club rep in Ibiza if not a footballer.

• Like 4

Personally, I prefer someone capt at CM as it is make easy bark command and rally, organise, easy rely from manager area to quick spread, like Andy Townsend used be, he is brilliant capt for us. McGinn is possible ideal to do this. Pitch Captains (PC).

Mings is best personal to leader as he is very vocal and strong mind, jump and protect people and encourage even down, strong will, and know when to ask help or go help other people. it is leadership attitude for me better than McGinn. Team Captains for sure. (TC)

Martinez should be in candidate; as GK capt is make sense choice as see all the pitch and know what to do, and great attitude and good leadership too but problem to rely to forward and winger, bit delay that centre midfield.

Suspire: New Sign CM will take arm-band.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Tyrone Mings, an intelligent, well-spoken proper man involved in his coaching academy for kids, interior design company, multiple charities, meanwhile shin splints says he doesn't know what an encyclopedia is and would be a club rep in Ibiza if not a footballer.

When did he start an interior design company?

This is where we discuss our new captain in more detail right?

I think to me Mings epitomizes the "new England" (team), that strong will, unbreakable fortitude under strife (Bulgaria, Patel, Johnson, EDL gammon). He is articulate and compassionate, and a tough bastard when needed.

Rose tinted glasses, but he's definitely lost a lot of the "oh **** he's gonna do something wobbly here lads". Arguably composed.

He knows what an encyclopedia is, he reads the Guardian and is irritated by the misspellings. He wants to present Have I Got News for You.

I'm going too far now ...

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

When did he start an interior design company?

He's been involved in one for years since his days at Bournemouth. Started it with a female friend/acquaintance of his. KTM Designs

Mings should be our new captain imo.

Martinez or McGinn our vice captain, i would prob go for Martinez if we can get him tied down to a new deal, cus tbh, i can see McGinn not being a regular starter if we continue buying good players.

Â