Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

This is how a captain should speak , he speaks about understanding his teammates and who can take the stern telling off and how some might not react well to that kind of stuff, very honest intelligent bloke 

https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9kJTdDMF9oejdic2J5ZiU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZzbHVnJTNEaG9tZSU3Q2hvbWUlMkZjYXJvdXNlbHMlMkYzJTJGZmVlZA%3D%3D?lang=en

Like when he told el ghazi Harry Potter spoilers and got headbutted for it. 

As others have said I think he's basically been a captain on field anyway, and he carries himself brilliantly off the pitch. He's a perfect choice. 

I've bought an away shirt with his name on it this season, can't wait for it to arrive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

What a guy. I think we'll benefit hugely from him becoming captain.

When you think about it after taking a step back you realize that we might have been hampered in a few ways in our over-reliance on Jack for everything, just because he was the best player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What a guy. I think we'll benefit hugely from him becoming captain.

When you think about it after taking a step back you realize that we might have been hampered in a few ways in our over-reliance on Jack for everything, just because he was the best player. 

Is he definitely captain ? - he seemed to have a rough patch last season - and seemed to go very quiet on the pitch. I wonder with the MH issues he might just want to concentrate on playing ?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Is he definitely captain ? - he seemed to have a rough patch last season - and seemed to go very quiet on the pitch. I wonder with the MH issues he might just want to concentrate on playing ?

Quiet on the pitch, do you mean vocally? Because that couldn't be farther from the truth. Ever since they started playing behind closed doors, all you ever hear for 90 minutes is Mings barking orders.

• Like 3

Just now, Keyblade said:

Quiet on the pitch, do you mean vocally? Because that couldn't be farther from the truth. Ever since they started playing behind closed doors, all you ever hear for 90 minutes is Mings barking orders.

Yeah I noticed/heard that too.

Mings is a leader of men.

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

MH issues?? 

I’ve not seen an official announcement re captain 

Mental health issues didn't stop him from being a colossus in the 2 games he played in the tournament, the same tournament that was causing the anxieties in the first place. He'll be absolutely fine. As he said in that interview, he's well capable of compartmentalizing and coping and when he steps out onto the pitch it doesn't even enter his mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

MH issues?? 

I’ve not seen an official announcement re captain 

Yeah he mentioned he had mental health issues in the build up to the euros. Lots of people doubting him - a feeling he wasn't quite good enough for England.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yes - but there was a period when he made a few mistakes and all the barking orders seemed to stop.

It was only a few games and he bounced back superbly and did great in the Euros.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Yeah he mentioned he had mental health issues in the build up to the euros. Lots of people doubting him - a feeling he wasn't quite good enough for England.

I couldn’t think what you meant by MH, I was thinking he’d had an argument with a player 

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Marlon Harewood issues

He haunts my dreams daily. Still remember him deciding to just randomly boot the ball into the crowd and the opposition score when they get it back. All he needed to do was take it to the corner 

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have now fully paid for Mings. We paid Bournemouth the final 6m instalment last week 

Yes I noticed that too. I wonder what triggered the final payment, if indeed there was a particular clause that triggered it.

I know the England call up meant some of the add ons were met. I would guess staying up the first season meant a further payment (a small consolation for Bournemouth). Maybe three seasons in the premier league? 

Â