Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

It all happened really fast and TM was faced with catching Zaha or landing on his own boy, he made the correct choice. If Zaha stays down crying no one gets a yellow but Zaha had a plan all along. TM should have the experience now to rise above all that.

Stupid bit of red mist and occasional errors are things that the coaching staff should be able to fix, hope so, because he is more then good enough for us and England if those fixes are made.

8 hours ago, useless said:

I'm confued by the whole stamp thing, all I see is Mings kicking Zaha in the back of the leg, but even that's only because he's trying to avoid landing on McGinn, when he does land his foot does come down with a stamp but it's nowhere near to landing on any part of Zaha, and the reason it does come down with a stamp is because of momentum...

There's no stamp whatsoever that I can see, I doubt the yellow was even for that incident, was probably for the altercation that followed.

Have run out of likes, but I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I'm just not seeing this alleged 'stamp' at all.

• Like 1

From the 3rd minute when Zaha got his shot away mings was trying to niggle him. He then spent more time trying to do that than just concentrate on the game. Sometimes a player just really gets under another players skin. It's then down to the captain or second in charge to warn the player to focus and forget the personal battle.

Mings has held his hands up to his stupidness and more importantly he has apologised for it to his team mates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

From the 3rd minute when Zaha got his shot away mings was trying to niggle him. He then spent more time trying to do that than just concentrate on the game. Sometimes a player just really gets under another players skin. It's then down to the captain or second in charge to warn the player to focus and forget the personal battle.

Mings has held his hands up to his stupidness and more importantly he has apologised for it to his team mates.

Bamford got under his skin earlier in the season too.  I'm on the side of those who think he was unlucky with the first yellow and the ref did his 'book both players' when a scuffle breaks out.  I'm certain if Mings wants to stamp on someone, he doesn't miss and I was surprised at the time how utterly calm he stayed during the whole incident.  The second one it was another example of when he gets himself in a mess when the ball bounces and gets turned around, then dispossessed (albeit he probably did get fouled himself).  Zaha then does what Jack does and initiate a yellow and it would be hypocritical of me to have a go at Zaha for that.  To be fair in recent games Mings has cut out most of his overplaying and I think is a big difference between us conceding plenty and putting a string of clean sheets together.  It wouldn't hurt for him to miss a game or two, or perhaps cover at left back if Targett gets suspended.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think the truth is somewhere between, I think Mings went looking for Zaha following the incident seconds before. I think he tries to catch him, the leg movement just isn’t natural at all in my view but it can’t be called a stamp because he doesn’t make contact.

It isnt natural because he's altering his stride to avoid landing on McGinn. He then catches Zaha in the back of the thigh slightly, which causes his leg to come down, again, unnaturally, as he's unbalanced and trying not to land on his teammate. Not a stamp, as you say. And although he may have wanted some after with Zaha at some point, I think thats momentarily on ice as McGinn has gone down and the immediate priority is not hurting him.

It would be incredible if Mings had the presence of mind to make a genuine attempt to avoid a downed teammate and a kick at am opposing player part of the same action, in milliseconds.

No malice in this action, even though there may have bern cause. Just terrible refereeing and a cheating playacting little bastard.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

It isnt natural because he's altering his stride to avoid landing on McGinn. He then catches Zaha in the back of the thigh slightly, which causes his leg to come down, again, unnaturally, as he's unbalanced and trying not to land on his teammate. Not a stamp, as you say. And although he may have wanted some after with Zaha at some point, I think thats momentarily on ice as McGinn has gone down and the immediate priority is not hurting him.

It would be incredible if Mings had the presence of mind to make a genuine attempt to avoid a downed teammate and a kick at am opposing player part of the same action, in milliseconds.

No malice in this action, even though there may have bern cause. Just terrible refereeing and a cheating playacting little bastard.

I just don't agree re the movement of his leg, sorry. I think he lost his cool and went for Zaha and either thought better of it or missed.

I agree re the ref and Zaha though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I just don't agree re the movement of his leg, sorry. I think he lost his cool and went for Zaha and either thought better of it or missed.

That is my thought I really think the thought was there after the dig from Zaha but actually thought he decided not too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zab6359 said:

What time stamp is the initial yellow? Want to have another look.

10 hours ago, zab6359 said:

What time stamp is the initial yellow? Want to have another look.

On the YouTube highlights it's around 1:22 the link motomakali has quoted doesn't show Zaha throwing the right hook and missing. Love Dougie in the melee though bet Zaha crapped himself thinking this little guy just ragdolls me 🤣. Mings evidently went to avoid stamping on Mcginn hence he clips Zaha inadvertently.

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not seeing the former at all. I think he just is avoiding stepping on McGinn.

Anyway it’s done and hopefully he learns from it.

• Like 1

I am going to give Mings a bit of credit here. Once he had been sent off he took forever to get off the pitch. Those precious few minutes enabled us to re-organise and ensure we got safely to half time without conceding. I’m sure it was purposeful and it’s the type of game management that we totally lacked last season. Thinking on his feet at a very emotional time. We are really growing up as a team.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, useless said:

I'm confued by the whole stamp thing, all I see is Mings kicking Zaha in the back of the leg, but even that's only because he's trying to avoid landing on McGinn, when he does land his foot does come down with a stamp but it's nowhere near to landing on any part of Zaha, and the reason it does come down with a stamp is because of momentum...

There's no stamp whatsoever that I can see, I doubt the yellow was even for that incident, was probably for the altercation that followed.

Looks pretty clear to me that Mings kicks out at Zaha, Zaha reacts by grabbing him and they both get booked. (Zaha maybe booked for the foul on McGinn in fact?) It’s not a “stamp” but it is a foul. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Looks pretty clear to me that Mings kicks out at Zaha, Zaha reacts by grabbing him and they both get booked. (Zaha maybe booked for the foul on McGinn in fact?) It’s not a “stamp” but it is a foul. 

Watch it again. In normal motion.

Every cloud has a silver lining.....I have been a bit concerned about Mings, lately, but overall since his arrival he has been a colossus.....the break might do him good, time to reflect and relax a bit, he seems a bit highly strung, to me.

Whether the expectations of England too, is weighing on his mind, who knows

We have a collective team coping very well....He can sit back and evaluate.

He will be back to his best.

58 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yep...after watching it back a few times now I think he flies in after seeing McGinn get bundled over to do the same. He then raises his foot to the back of Zahas thigh/leg as he does which is what Zaha reacts to. Not to stamp but to definitely let him know he's there. I don't think he needed to go in at all tbh which is why he went in for the first yellow with intent imo and it was probably justified. McGinn was already getting the foul off Zaha anyway and was on the deck. so any follow up was unnecessary. I agree also that he realised quickly that the situation was reckless and backed off letting it calm. Zaha wasn't going to allow that though the drama queen. Momentary madness for both cards imo. 

• Like 1

He looked like he was going to have one of those games he does sometimes have. Saha left him for dead in the first minute and Martinez saved his blushes (and Traore's). Not long after he miskicked to give away an unnecessary corner.

He definitely had the look of someone who was not on his game yesterday.

And I wear a really big pair of claret and blue glasses, but my immediate thought was that he went in to damage Zaha. I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

Hopefully this will be the kick up the arse he needs to get him to concentrate on his game.

(It would be useful if he would also stop the habit he has developed of pulling players to their feet by getting a handful from the front of their shirts).

• Like 1

Just seen on the Reaction thread that Zaha punched him in the stomach right before the incident. Hopefully gets a retrospective ban and nuts that VAR didn’t catch it. Adds to the fact Mings got played by him... but the learning for Mings is DON’T get played like that.

Annoyingly if Mings had gone down so that VAR reviewed then I think Zaha would have been off/booked and the first yellow card incident wouldn’t have happened!

Edited by Adam2003

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I am going to give Mings a bit of credit here. Once he had been sent off he took forever to get off the pitch. Those precious few minutes enabled us to re-organise and ensure we got safely to half time without conceding. I’m sure it was purposeful and it’s the type of game management that we totally lacked last season. Thinking on his feet at a very emotional time. We are really growing up as a team.

I think he was partly hoping that VAR would have a look and see he got fouled first before he 'fouled' Zaha.  I'm not sure if they actually check that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Â