Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah boi. 4 unbeaten and 3 wins and we're arguing about our own players intent on a dubious YC. Classic

Fair point. I'm out. I was only trying to say how I saw it. 👍

Zaha and his over reaction to both fouls got him sent off in my view. Jack gets some (unfair) stick from opposing fans but he is nowhere near as inflammatory as Zaha. I was genuinely bemused by the first one. Ty did nothing wrong. The ref awarded us a free kick. There was then a melee. The ref rightly books Zaha but also Mings? The game was then restarted with a free kick to them?! Work that out if you can.

• Like 3

Just now, M_Afro said:

Zaha and his over reaction to both fouls got him sent off in my view. Jack gets some (unfair) stick from opposing fans but he is nowhere near as inflammatory as Zaha. I was genuinely bemused by the first one. Ty did nothing wrong. The ref awarded us a free kick. There was then a melee. The ref rightly books Zaha but also Mings? The game was then restarted with a free kick to them?! Work that out if you can.

Did it? I didn’t even notice that. 

World's worst aimed "stamp". It was an unnatural movement because he was hurdling McGinn. Would have been a travesty had Tyrone injured the 30 million dollar ass of John McGinn.  

it was a nothing incident that Zaha decided to turn into something.  If Mings has it out for Zaha why doesn't he take the opportunity to toss him around while he has has hemmed up around the collar. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I don't think that's the case at all. 

Where would you have liked Mings to have put his left foot down then? He puts it any more natural than this and he ends up right on McGinn. Even if he could put it behind the white line, he still goes through McGinn's foot on the follow through.

mings.jpg.d13b81515b96974c041708c573868a17.jpg

I was annoyed at Mings at the time but the team bailed him out yesterday.

To be fair to Tyrone, his first challenge was an accidental rake in an attempt to get hold of the ball. If he hadn't have been holding Zaha away from him he would have punched him and earned himself a sending off.

Unfortunately the second booking was a little bit silly.

Konsa and Hause looked great in the second half though, and it now gives them an opportunity on Monday with a rest for Mings. We go on.

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Well then perhaps steaming in with "that's completely 100% wrong" is a bit over the top when replying to someone's opinion and is likely to get someone's back up.

It’s blunt, I’ll grant you that, but then so is

that was a malicious stamp all day long. I know people want to defend him but I don't think you can defend that.

saying what he did was indefensible. As @TrentVillaposted, there’s an argument that Mings might have meant to give him  a little bit as they collided, kind of thing, but a stamp?  It’s just not there. That didn’t happen.  When he did stamp on the Reading player a while back, some said accidentally, I felt it looked deliberate and said so

1 minute ago, blandy said:

that was a malicious stamp all day long. I know people want to defend him but I don't think you can defend that.

saying what he did was indefensible. As @TrentVillaposted, there’s an argument that Mings might have meant to give him  a little bit as they collided, kind of thing, but a stamp?  It’s just not there. That didn’t happen.  When he did stamp on the Reading player a while back, some said accidentally, I felt it looked deliberate and said so

Fair enough. Though I think there's a difference in tone between "I don't think" and "that's completely 100% wrong".

Whether you call it a stamp or something else isn't really important. I'm convinced there's a forceful downward movement of the leg which you wouldn't see if he's just placing his leg. He mostly missed/pulled back but I think he's incensed by whatever Zaha just did to him and had a bit of a lash out. 

Anyway, I've just tweeted that all meat eaters are murderers so I've got bigger battles incoming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Can they retro actively look at things like that and rescind the first yellow?

Id be appealing that.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can they retro actively look at things like that and rescind the first yellow?

Id be appealing that.

I don’t think you can appeal yellows. They would never overturn it anyway. They always back the refs. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If I remember last season was a bit of beef between Zaha and Mings as well, Mings reacted badly to a Zaha dive. Watching the replays I think Zaha went to get him sent off

Over the moon it didn't work for him.

If anything, it made us even better. Lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blandy said:

Nelson Oliveira. Permanently scarred.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He clearly connects, you can see the back of the thigh ripple where Mings hit him and it's the whole reason Zaha became incensed and I wouldn't blame him for it. I can also see how it's accidental and that he was trying to regain balance after hurdling McGinn.

I think you need to learn what a stamp is because you and others are wide of the mark here big time.

More importantly, I fail to see why people are so desperate to see a stamp, then again it’s villatalk so I guess we have to find something to moan about.

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

People myself included are saying he has over the last couple of months made too many individual errors, often fairly basic ones. He has also on a couple of occasions lost his cool, Leeds where he got away with it and today where he didn't. 

Can't disagree with that. I think it's fair to say then that the areas he need to work on are in his head rather than actual ability (which he clearly has). It's the little lapses in concentration and occasional loss of disapline. 

Not being a coach myself I have no idea how easy or otherwise these issues are to eradicate. That's the 2nd sending off for us though (unless I've missed one), and Tyrone comes across as a quite intelligent bloke so hopefully he himself will be working to improve on them. 

Having seen the replays a few times now I think it's fairly obvious Mings caught the back of Zahas leg on purpose. Wasn't that bat but obviously retaliated for Zahas push or punch whatever it was. It's all a bit pathetic really but that's football! 

Zaha has an awful attitude so no wonder he hasn't progresed his career. 

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Having seen the replays a few times now I think it's fairly obvious Mings caught the back of Zahas leg on purpose. Wasn't that bat but obviously retaliated for Zahas push or punch whatever it was. It's all a bit pathetic really but that's football! 

Zaha has an awful attitude so no wonder he hasn't progresed his career. 

I like Zaha, he's a lot like grealish apart from having the bad utd move, Palace are too reliant on him, he gets battered every game (even with the play acting we still had some good ones on him) they rightly priced him out of a move, the other difference is that since not leaving grealish and villa have gone up a few gears Palace have declined under Roy and Zaha has started to do the same rather than being able to rise above it every week 

He has the same unfair Roy of the Rovers expectation about him as grealish, can't do it all by himself, Zaha wasn't great yesterday but he was comfortably better than the rest of their garbage team 

Palace are dead in the water under Roy, need freshness, last year I seem to remember us being unable to cope with Zaha and ayews directness in their running, just ran straight at us as we looked terrible

• Like 1

Â