Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

44 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got a feeling Ramsey is going to be a nailed on starter this season, at least until Sanson gets back from injury.

(Be good to see the whole midfield included, though. I think the comparison between 4-2-3-1 vs Watford and 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 vs Newcastle probably makes JJ stand out here.)

It didn't look that great, however, those stats indicate a MASSIVE improvement in shift from everyone.

It really shows just how bad we were against Watford as well.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Is Chukwuemeka also an 8? Or more of a 10?

I think at 17, he is actually anything that we want him to be. He just needs to be coached in the appropriate direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think at 17, he is actually anything that we want him to be. He just needs to be coached in the appropriate direction.

He can play anywhere really but like Mike Lub he has really quick feet and incredible balance. And i think that should lend itself to more of an attacking role rather than a destroyer or preventer.  Would love to see him on the LW doing what Mike Lub did last season . 

• Like 1

What makes a pressure successful? If the ball goes backwards after pressuring? If the ball gets given away? If the pressure leads to a player getting tackled by someone else? No surprise the metrics are different between sites.

Good to see Ramsey looking the part. Exposure last season has done him the world of good and will mean he can be better than any option we currently have in the long term.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What makes a pressure successful? If the ball goes backwards after pressuring? If the ball gets given away? If the pressure leads to a player getting tackled by someone else? No surprise the metrics are different between sites.

Good to see Ramsey looking the part. Exposure last season has done him the world of good and will mean he can be better than any option we currently have in the long term.

Its defined by fbref as a pressure that results in the team gaining possession of the ball within 5 seconds of applying the pressure.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

59 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The Tweets are a comparison of “the front 4”. Which makes sense vs Watford as we had a clear front 4. Vs Newcastle we had a front 3, so not sure why he’s dropped Ramsey in there, but still thought it was interesting.

@Laughable Chimppost is better

Fair enough - didn't get that from the twitter post. 

Great stuff Rambo mk I.

Is he going to stay in the team when Bailey, Watkins, Sanson are all fit?

If yes, then he's having a great season, and we're laughing.

If he's not, you won't convince me six months of 90 mins every week wouldn't leave us with a better player. Either PL or Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He had a couple of iffy moments yesterday but overall was good. Chased the ball and didn't give up. I hope he stays in the team as he's obviously got potential. 

No more of this One of our own shite again though 

Great Barr lad from a family of us, why shite? It’s the DNA of the club.Pity he does not hail from Perry Barr mind 

One of these will stay with us one day. Most of all him because I think he will eventually be the first name on the team sheet on a team that wins trophies

• Like 4

I think some people expect too much. He isn't going to totally dominate a midfield in the premier league, just yet. But the potential is there to see. Strong , good balance, speed and technique. He will score goals too , im sure of it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I think some people expect too much. He isn't going to totally dominate a midfield in the premier league, just yet. But the potential is there to see. Strong , good balance, speed and technique. He will score goals too , im sure of it.

100% agreed mate.

21 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Yeh agreed. He’s superb for where he’s at now. I said it last season, but his ability with the ball at his feet and running at speed is what separates him from our other midfielders. He can move, at pace with the ball and carry us up the pitch. McGinn, Luiz and Nakamba can’t do that as well so it’s great to have that mix.

He’s also a ridiculous athlete. He’ll run all day which is what you need in the middle of the park. 

As others have said, a goal will take him to the next level. He could very well be our best midfielder come the end of the season. 

Our youngsters, for the first time in however long, are something to be very excited about. Between the two Ramsey’s, Carney and Kessler, we’ve got a lot to be excited about. And that’s not even mentioning some of the others who could very well smash it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh agreed. He’s superb for where he’s at now. I said it last season, but his ability with the ball at his feet and running at speed is what separates him from our other midfielders. He can move, at pace with the ball and carry us up the pitch. McGinn, Luiz and Nakamba can’t do that as well so it’s great to have that mix.

He’s also a ridiculous athlete. He’ll run all day which is what you need in the middle of the park. 

As others have said, a goal will take him to the next level. He could very well be our best midfielder come the end of the season. 

Our youngsters, for the first time in however long, are something to be very excited about. Between the two Ramsey’s, Carney and Kessler, we’ve got a lot to be excited about. And that’s not even mentioning some of the others who could very well smash it.

you are so right , very exciting. I forgot to mention his engine. fantastic

55 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Great Barr lad from a family of us, why shite? It’s the DNA of the club.Pity he does not hail from Perry Barr mind 

One of these will stay with us one day. Most of all him because I think he will eventually be the first name on the team sheet on a team that wins trophies

Maybe true I just don't get the One of our own stuff

Thought he had a brilliant game, lots of energy, running, and quality on the ball. Agree a goal will push him on. 

I was one of those wanting him to go out on loan but I think he should stay around now, especially as I don’t think we’re shelling out on a worldie CM for now.

I think he has something to offer this season based on the Newcastle showing.

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Even if he does end up really good and doesn't stay with us (which tbf is the most likely outcome if he is the real deal), I believe he'd go about it in a much more dignified manner than Mike Lubb.

Edited by Mantis

Â