Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

If he scores one from 25 yds for the first team and he'll never look back. Exciting time for him. Hope he gets the little bit of luck needed to kick on.

Who does he remind you of?

Edited by ejvilla

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm so happy for this kid, still has his doubters, so I want him to push on even further.

I'll always have more patience, for one of our own, than outside signings.

Baffling to me that after having an outstanding game, and even being praised abundantly by the pundits, some of our own still had room to criticise him.

At WORST, this kid has the potential to be a long term successor to the likes of McGinn, Luiz, Connor etc and save us some money.

Failing that, there is no reason he can't have a very solid career.

Take a bow Jacob!

His brother looks good as well!

boy became a man today

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm so happy for this kid, still has his doubters, so I want him to push on even further.

I'll always have more patience, for one of our own, than outside signings.

Baffling to me that after having an outstanding game, and even being praised abundantly by the pundits, some of our own still had room to criticise him.

At WORST, this kid has the potential to be a long term successor to the likes of McGinn, Luiz, Connor etc and save us some money.

Failing that, there is no reason he can't have a very solid career.

Take a bow Jacob!

His brother looks good as well!

I think with our kids they will do better because we’re a good side, almost lost a generation of them when we were in decline

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely, really, really want a midfield with two Ramsey’s in it in 2/3 years time. Hell, throw a Chukwuemeka in the mix too.

How heartening is it to see Ramsey play well today when that c*** Grealish has just left. 

He still has a long way to go, but like I’ve said before, he has all the tools. He is comfortable carrying the ball, he’s as fit as a butchers dog and he’s tenacious. 

I’ve been championing a loan for him on here and I think he should have had one at some point in the last couple of years but right now, I’d like to see him start alongside McGinn in our midfield. 

G’wan lad.

Seriously, c### ?? You make out Ramsey is your new best bud, the reality is if he leaves Villa 5 or 6 years down the line, you’ll also call him a c###. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

If he scores one from 25 yds for the first team and he'll never look back. Exciting time for him. Hope he gets the little bit of luck needed to kick on.

Who does he remind you of?

I totally agree that a goal will change him. He seems to lack confidence at times and if he has that self belief, he could go on to become a great player. 

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He looked the player Barkley thinks he is when he's on the pitch. Outstanding. Carney's going to have a job on his hand to break into this team.

Think Carney will play a similar role to JJ last year next year will be his breakthrough year as an established starter

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Think Carney will play a similar role to JJ last year next year will be his breakthrough year as an established starter

The possibility of these 2 being the future midfield, as Academy products, is quite exciting.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

I cursed them all when they left. Greasberg probably gets a bit more than other because he traded on the sincerity of his Villa fan Identity, 

This isnt the Grealish thread...but, cant help but post to say i 100% agree here.

The reason i now hold complete disdain for Mike Lubb, is the way he consciously traded on the fans loyalties and emotions, to come across as this leader of the club he loves, "a fan captaining the club he loves, and a manager managing it"...as Grealish liked to say all the time, he speaks about Totti and dedication to a club they love, many other things, its just pure scum for me.

Where, in hindsight:

18/19 - he wanted to go to Spurs but we said no chance (at the last minute once the new owners were here), signs new contract when we told him no way ur leaving.

19/20 - no offers so continued the "Mike Lubb, Mike Lubb c*ap".

20/21 - He says himself he considered his options, but no offers came in for him, so he signed a 5 year contract (with the release clause put in cus......ye), while touting the usual "my club, my team, im like Totti, i love my club, i believe in the project".

21/22 - Release clause activated, i dont believe for one second he found it a hard decision, had tha gall to compare his situation to Messi......ye.....Messi offered to take a 50% pay cut you dope, u instructed us to activate ur release clause so u could scoodle on out.

So ye, if he hadnt traded on the fans emotions, i wouldnt really care one way or the other, its a lot of money and i cant complain in that sense, but....tbh i will never forgive the dirty snake for the way he traded on the fans emotions for his own benefit, at least we realised at the end it was all an act, so i can give him a big FU and just be glad we got good money for the snake oil salesman.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You watch JJ and Carney in the wings and it makes sense why we have been relatively quiet with our transfer window activity in the midfield. 

Summer of 2018 Newcastle sold both Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong for pennies. Then the next summer they went and bought Joelinton for £40 million. 

• Like 1

Â