Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just to clarify

I am aware of his locality and status so please stop telling me

I just dont get this One of our own shite, not interested in it. He's a professional footballer not one of us - "Super" Jacky Grealish caused my apathy 

Doesn't mean I think any less of Ramsey or indeed his brother, just not interested in One of our own

Totally with you on this. 

Grealish was one of our own, even when we overlooked the fact he tried to leave every transfer window. 

Then, when we wouldn’t allow one of our own to leave, one of our own had something written into his contract that meant we had choice whether he stayed or not. 

Ramsey might be different, he may stay at the club even if his ability outweighs our league position, but I wouldn’t hold out any hope.

Anyway, yeh, he’s good. Hopefully he keeps improving. 

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish was one of our own, even when we overlooked the fact he tried to leave every transfer window. 

Then, when we wouldn’t allow one of our own to leave, one of our own had something written into his contract that meant we had choice whether he stayed or not. 

Ramsey might be different, he may stay at the club even if his ability outweighs our league position, but I wouldn’t hold out any hope.

I don’t think we should look over the fact we have both Jacob and Aaron, Carney and Caleb here…. If Jacob and Aaron are both first team regulars, you would think it would be an easier sell for them to stay.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he does go to a bigger club, it'll be most likely because he's excelled here, in which case he's likely to be a 30, 40, 50m player. Not too shabby, as long as the club is willing to reinvest and carry on developing players.

There's very little romance in football these days unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

Just because some people are a bit butthurt about Grealish going does not diminish the value of having home grown lads, born in Birmingham come through and perform in the first team. It's absolutely gold, as is having Dean Smith as head coach who has always been a fan and is one of us. Nothing Grealish has said or done should take the shine off this lad coming into the first team and playing well.  We've got more coming through too. 

Absolutely. It’s great to see. Just don’t bank on him never leaving because he’s a Villa fan or has come through the academy.

Hoepfully we’ll be a CL club when the two Ramsey’s are scrapping on stage over the Ballon d’or trophy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

If he does go to a bigger club, it'll be most likely because he's excelled here, in which case he's likely to be a 30, 40, 50m player. Not too shabby, as long as the club is willing to reinvest and carry on developing players.

There's very little romance in football these days unfortunately. 

Yeah, if we keep turning out these kids though, one of them *might* just be very special at the same time that all the investment and progress is bearing fruit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Brought up on the correct side of Birmingham. This is why he is one of us.

The southern part of Birmingham you start stumbling into people with 6 fingers and support Blues. 

is great barr a correct part

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the best thing about ‘one of our own’ is they don’t cost anything. That applies to all youth players really regardless where they are from.

for me, this is literally the only thing. players grow up having a family that supports villa but once they realise they will play footy professionally then their career comes before any form of loyalty. jack is the clear example. louie barry is another, who went to a rival because we didn't want him. i still have no **** clue what team the gardners are supposed to support

if either of the ramseys become elite players, they'll have no problem leaving. best not to get too attached.

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the best thing about ‘one of our own’ is they don’t cost anything. That applies to all youth players really regardless where they are from.

It is kind of nice though when they went to the same school you went to or your kids go to…

Wages cost money 😉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely. It’s great to see. Just don’t bank on him never leaving because he’s a Villa fan or has come through the academy.

Hoepfully we’ll be a CL club when the two Ramsey’s are scrapping on stage over the Ballon d’or trophy. 

Projecting again I see

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

They are professional footballers with a finite career. If a big opportunity like Jack had comes along JJ would take it. Being a fan of Villa isn't a factor, you're turning down success and a huge pay increase to stay. It makes no sense

20 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

The southern part of Birmingham you start stumbling into people with 6 fingers and support Blues

Angry GIFs | Tenor

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Wages cost money 😉

I have no idea how much wages Ramsey is on but let’s say he’s on 20k a week thats 960k a year ,  add that over 12 years and it buys you Marvellous Nakamba , and yes I know JJ is likely to get a wage rise in the future 

20 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

The southern part of Birmingham you start stumbling into people with 6 fingers and support Blues. 

Just seen this. I was brought up on south side of Brum. My dad was a Villa fan as was his dad so my future allegiance was clear. Having that background I don’t stumble into bluenoses: my sense of smell, developed at an early age, steers me clear.

• Like 1

love how mobile he is, and he looked as fresh at the end of his match than at the start. Proper wee natural athlete and does seem to glide over the pitch. Compare for example with Hourihane (no to pick on him but...) who always seemed to be labouring and struggling to get around the pitch.

Who do you think wins in a 1 on 1 bleep test, Ollie Watkins or JJ? Anyone else you'd throw in to that competition?

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They are professional footballers with a finite career. If a big opportunity like Jack had comes along JJ would take it. Being a fan of Villa isn't a factor, you're turning down success and a huge pay increase to stay. It makes no sense

It depends what is important for you - not everyone is motivated by money and trophies, though the vast majority of professional footballers are highly competitive and that's what drives them. 

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It depends what is important for you - not everyone is motivated by money and trophies, though the vast majority of professional footballers are highly competitive and that's what drives them. 

Yeah the best professional footballers are motivated by success and personal improvement. They are also advised that they have a finite career in which to earn enough money for the rest of their lives, so money is a huge factor too. 

Â