Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Hope he can keep it up. Will be a battle between him and Chukwuemeka I feel this season to get ahead in that spot. Hopefully push each other on.

Confidence will be brimming so may now take it up another level. Started nervously but when relaxed looked much better.

On 16/08/2021 at 17:43, Delphinho123 said:

I do really like him. He always seems to be better when he comes on as a sub though is my only issue. 

I genuinely think a full season on loan in the championship would really help him. But, because we’ve neglected the central midfield area in this transfer window, I don’t actually think he can leave. 

May have done enough to start against Newcastle in a 4-3-3. Can’t see him starting in a 4-2-3-1. 

Lol

First time he's properly impressed me today. Fought well, made good decisions, took the ball forward and mostly passed nicely too. 

Looks to have filled out over summer. I had him down as a possible loanee but he's definitely ready to play his part. 

• Like 2

Driving runs and was improving throughout the game. Still seemed to make the wrong decisions at key moments when going forward. 

Looks like he will continue to get game time as things stand.

17 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If we aren’t going to bring in another midfielder it makes sense he stays and is given a go. Can always reassess in Jan.

Can’t believe the thought of still loaning him out down the line is been entertained. He’s ready. It would be absolutely pointless loaning him out.

• Like 3

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he finishes the season as our best midfielder, will have ups and downs but overall will get better and better. At some point will start adding goals to his game as well as that's been a speciality of his game coming through the ranks.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he finishes the season as our best midfielder, will have ups and downs but overall will get better and better. At some point will start adding goals to his game as well as that's been a speciality of his game coming through the ranks.

Had a little sniff today and pulled the trigger and was a tad unlucky 

I watched him on some YouTube clip where he did a short reaction one touch thing v Todd Cantwell, Ramsey won and I thought ah he’s going to go places this kid because it showed quick reaction and skill and Cantwell tried to be flashy but Ramsey just nothing silly just quick and sharp. 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

I’ve always liked this kid, love how he passes and moves. Passing and moving should be basics but we haven’t had many midfielders who have done this recently. He looks stronger physically and when he carries the ball. He’s a good footballer and doesn’t mind getting stuck in, good game young man!

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm happy for Jacob that people here appreciated his game so much. I must admit I didn't notice his great game, but whatevers. 

No - he was definitely better , more involved. But wouldn't say he had a great game or even that he will be in the side when everyone is fit.

On 14/08/2021 at 21:01, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s like he gets slagged off because the manager bought him on to try and change the game. Like it’s his fault for that! I really like him and think he has a great future. He is getting better every game. 

And continues to do so. Well done Jacob. 

Â