Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

38 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Players can still earn enough at Villa to set them up for multiple lives. 

Quite. Again, it depends what you're about as a person tbf. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah the best professional footballers are motivated by success and personal improvement. They are also advised that they have a finite career in which to earn enough money for the rest of their lives, so money is a huge factor too. 

When nearly every first team player earns more than the average person does in a year, its difficult to make an argument that they need to move for money. They may want to, but the lure of trophies is probably a bigger pull.

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He has been such a quiet success. Nobody bats an eyelid he is now a Premier League player. You love to see it. 

Also as a coldhearted business person I am I just love the value he has generated, and he has only just begun :) 

Fully agree.  The french version of Jacob Ramsey is easily £15 million for the fee and probably triple the wages Ramsey is currently on. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Seen a couple of articles saying his performance against Newcastle (after his second half against Watford) was another factor in not going after a midfielder in unless one went out (Luiz/Nakamba). 

Look we're what priced by the bookies as a 10% chance of making top 6. If we end 8th or 10th what's a big difference if we spend the season bringing on players like Ramsey, Chuk, JPB and Archer and came 10th vs bringing in a McKennie and a Kamara and say finishing 8th. 

We've a golden opportunity now to give the kids the game time they need to come good. 

Agree, there's something in this. We have a crop coming through that could set us up very nicely for the long term. It's in our interests to support their development, even if it costs us a few points this term. 

I don't think Europe is out of the question this season but it's probably unlikely.

If we can keep most of the squad together next summer, which I expect we will, we should only need a small handful of signings and can focus on real quality to help us take the next step, which will hopefully include giving some of this current crop of young players the platform to play in Europe over the next few years.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 12:57, DCJonah said:

Grealish was running an fa cup semi final against Liverpool at 19.

Comparisons to Jack are not sensible in regards to most of our young players. 

Players develop at different speeds. Both Lineker and Kane were late developers for example. Also on the flip side so amazing young prospects never actually achieve that much.

Also yes Grealish did break into the team in 14-15 but really struggled for the next 2 years due to a combination of being in an appalling side, a lot of different managers, and some  growing up to do. 

Ramsey is progressing nicely and could well get a lot of game time due to the no CM signing debate.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2021 at 19:44, Danishlad said:

I think some people expect too much. He isn't going to totally dominate a midfield in the premier league, just yet. But the potential is there to see. Strong , good balance, speed and technique. He will score goals too , im sure of it.

I too have high hopes for him.

He is still learning all the basic attributes to play in midfield, but I think he will morph gradually in to a more dedicated type of some sort.

I saw an edge appear in his last game, something I hope he develops in the fullness of time.

5 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Fully agree.  The french version of Jacob Ramsey is easily £15 million for the fee and probably triple the wages Ramsey is currently on. 

Yet they say you pay premium for English talent. 

Having his brother Aaron chasing up behind him must be pretty weird, yet also highly motivating… Cannot wait to see them play together!

And is it selfish to say I’m not gutted the U21 game was cancelled… 

16 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Seen a couple of articles saying his performance against Newcastle (after his second half against Watford) was another factor in not going after a midfielder in unless one went out (Luiz/Nakamba). 

Look we're what priced by the bookies as a 10% chance of making top 6. If we end 8th or 10th what's a big difference if we spend the season bringing on players like Ramsey, Chuk, JPB and Archer and came 10th vs bringing in a McKennie and a Kamara and say finishing 8th. 

We've a golden opportunity now to give the kids the game time they need to come good. 

I totally agree, they deserve a chance, as there should be no chance of a struggle with this squad and if we are struggling come January, we have an incredibly fat wallet to put things right!

It’s worth to note something, Ramsey is now our most player that can give other teams bookings and possibly sent off. He done it even against Stones last season. He’s winning us some fouls. We will be missing Grealish on a lot of aspects including this, but, Ramsey and McGinn should keep helping us. Especially Ramsey seem so clever in that.

16 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Bring on the Le Grande Barr central midfield with the Ramseys x 2 and Oreagbunam.

• Like 3

I goes to show if you can strike it lucky like a United in the 90s and Barcelona in the 00s and bring through an outstanding crop of players in the space of a few years it can transform a club. We should realistically be able to hold onto those players at least until they are 25/26 years old meaning 3 or 4 years of those players at or near their peak. 

To that we become more attractive place for young talent and can win out over bigger clubs to sign them as they see the pathway is through the youth system at Villa where at the bigger clubs it's mostly loaned out and then sold with the rare Foden or Kane type player actually making it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I goes to show if you can strike it lucky like a United in the 90s and Barcelona in the 00s and bring through an outstanding crop of players in the space of a few years it can transform a club. We should realistically be able to hold onto those players at least until they are 25/26 years old meaning 3 or 4 years of those players at or near their peak. 

To that we become more attractive place for young talent and can win out over bigger clubs to sign them as they see the pathway is through the youth system at Villa where at the bigger clubs it's mostly loaned out and then sold with the rare Foden or Kane type player actually making it.

Exactly. Slowly slowly, catchy bettery playery, I believe the saying goes. 

Â