Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

40 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

As mentioned virtually impossible to be as bad second half as we were first half. I’m not having that Ramsey was this awe inspiring substitution. And if it’s a case of us turning to Ramsey this season, let me tell you our ambitions for the season ahead need to be tapered. Fortunately I trust our recruitment to bring someone new in and this won’t be the case.

I’m confused by your stance, you admit that first half we were bad, yet cannot give any praise for the fact we improved second half when Ramsey came on 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Christ, some of the abuse one of our own kids got on the match thread is embarrassing. He's a young player, who is still learning. He came into a difficult situation today and did OK. Not amazing. Not poor. We were a better team with him on. 

I genuinely can't think of a fanbase who would be so negative to one of their own young players, like some people on here are. 

I’m still struggling to see where anyone has abused him??

Stating that you don’t think a player has warranted a place in the team dosent amount to abuse

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Christ, some of the abuse one of our own kids got on the match thread is embarrassing. He's a young player, who is still learning. He came into a difficult situation today and did OK. Not amazing. Not poor. We were a better team with him on. 

I genuinely can't think of a fanbase who would be so negative to one of their own young players, like some people on here are. 

Agreed - its a tough gig.

But equally I don't see the sense in throwing him into the lions den time after time - its not helping anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

"absolutely dog shit",

"Were meant to be chasing top six and were still having to rely on Ramsey",

"toilet",

"crap",

"Ramsey is always dogshit",

" if we are serious about progressing then he should be nowhere near the team this season. Whenever he starts he is poor",

"Cannot for the life of me understand what Ramsey offers".

These are some of the "not writing him off" comments in here since the game today. As I said, very classy.

None of those are writing him off. 

I specifically said I think he’ll become a good player. 

But he isn’t a good player yet and it’s going to cost us if we’re relying on a youngster who isn’t good enough. 

If we’re not allowed to criticise youngsters because it’s supposedly writing them off, and just play them regardless of if they’re good enough then why are we bothering signing anyone? Just play the lads who played Liverpool in the cup last season and let everyone else go

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was one of the best on the pitch today. Always find it strange how we all see different things watching the same match.

• Like 1

For avoidance of doubt, all of our midfielders were shit today. Not just Ramsey. And I include Young and El Ghazi in that.  

Nakamba isn’t good enough either. Not sure if we’re allowed to criticise him or not. How old is he? When is the cut off?

I’m seriously worried if Buendia and Bailey don’t have the impact we hope they will. 

I really hope our pursuit of JWP is serious. We badly need someone else in there

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Then you’ve never browsed any other team’s forums (which is probably a good thing).

Rest assured, most fan bases are equally as deranged as ours.  

People need to stop being so reactionary. JR probably isn't the answer to our problems, but he came on yesterday and did alright. The way some people are talking, it's like he's being blamed for the loss.

We looked like we had a little more control in the middle with him on, showing how important another CM would likely be for us.

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Then you’ve never browsed any other team’s forums (which is probably a good thing).

Rest assured, most fan bases are equally as deranged as ours.  

I've browsed a few, albeit not in great detail, and while some can be very harsh on some players, usually it's not the academy graduates that have only played the equivalent of about 7 or 8 full games. 

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Exactly. 20 year old comes on and makes us look better. Gets slated.

Wtf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

i actually thought it was the best i've seen him play. surprised at the amount of criticism.

still think he could do with a loan move and we bring in another CM though

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

None of those are writing him off. 

I specifically said I think he’ll become a good player. 

But he isn’t a good player yet and it’s going to cost us if we’re relying on a youngster who isn’t good enough. 

If we’re not allowed to criticise youngsters because it’s supposedly writing them off, and just play them regardless of if they’re good enough then why are we bothering signing anyone? Just play the lads who played Liverpool in the cup last season and let everyone else go

Calling someone dog shit is not criticism.

The reality is he came on and we scored twice and they only had a couple of sporadic chances. This combined with the other changes means Jacob Ramsey was a part of the improvement on the second half.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Xela said:

And yet they put chuck in their imaginary starting lineups weekly , I dread  to think the abuse he doesn’t score or assists in his first full start 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hippo said:

What I don't get is - why are the other youngsters not played because they aren't ready. ? -. Yet JR is the only one who gets game time ?

Because he’s above them in the pecking order and has trained more with the first team already played a part last season and the coaching staff clearly have faith in him

Â