Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

None of those are writing him off. 

I specifically said I think he’ll become a good player. 

But he isn’t a good player yet and it’s going to cost us if we’re relying on a youngster who isn’t good enough. 

If we’re not allowed to criticise youngsters because it’s supposedly writing them off, and just play them regardless of if they’re good enough then why are we bothering signing anyone? Just play the lads who played Liverpool in the cup last season and let everyone else go

Fine, he's not ready. Saying he's "always dogshit" is still abuse and betrays a petty, impetuous side.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i actually thought it was the best i've seen him play. surprised at the amount of criticism.

still think he could do with a loan move and we bring in another CM though

Agree on both points. Anyone coming on to play in a three with Nakamba was going under the bus yesterday, Jacob did as well as he could. 

That said, you could ask whether you’d buy him for a starting CM role from another club at this stage of his development? I’d say no, which is why a loan is the right way forward, imo.

The league is too competitive, and the rest of the midfield too weak, to use first team games for player development. We need every shirt filled by players who can compete toe to toe with high(er) quality opposition. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Calling someone dog shit is not criticism.

The reality is he came on and we scored twice and they only had a couple of sporadic chances. This combined with the other changes means Jacob Ramsey was a part of the improvement on the second half.

Ok he’s not dogshit. He’s really really bad. Is that ok?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Fine, he's not ready. Saying he's "always dogshit" is still abuse and betrays a petty, impetuous side.

Meh. It’s my opinion. He’s shit.
I’m not telling him. So it’s not abuse. He will never know my opinion. Stop overreacting. 

I’m sure he’ll become a good player but it’s frustrating that we are constantly bringing on a player who isn’t good enough in any department

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Meh. It’s my opinion. He’s shit.
I’m not telling him. So it’s not abuse. He will never know my opinion. Stop overreacting. 

I’m sure he’ll become a good player but it’s frustrating that we are constantly bringing on a player who isn’t good enough in any department

As much as I disagree with the 2nd bit got no problem with the 1st

VT for me is that bit of a safe haven where you can openly state your opinion and others will debate it, players would be mad to come here

Searching for the players on social media, or even worse as has been with Mike Dean searching his family members out so you can attempt to tell them personally that you think they're shit on the other hand... But I'd guess none of the saner posters on here tick that box 

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok he’s not dogshit. He’s really really bad. Is that ok?

Now you just need to add the why you believe he is "really really bad" then you'll have a coherent premise that we all can respectfully debate.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Now you just need to add the why you believe he is "really really bad" then you'll have a coherent premise that we all can respectfully debate.

Because he can’t keep the ball, he can’t pass, he offers nothing going forward, makes mistakes and is generally just bad

• Haha 1

Dare I mention him but it does bother me that some people expected Jack to stay with us, probably for his whole career, out of loyalty to the club but when it comes to other youth products we don't really show much loyalty to them and some people want to write him off at an early stage.  As it is I think Jacob is in that limbo where he is a bit further into his career so gets picked above those who are more talented but younger, including Aaron.  He could definitely do with a loan out if we do sign Ward-Prowse or someone else.  

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because he can’t keep the ball, he can’t pass, he offers nothing going forward, makes mistakes and is generally just bad

While I would generally disagree with you as I believe you are overstating his deficiencies, I do believe there is a valid point in the fact that he doesn't seem to excel at anything.

I believe he is a competent footballer who just doesn't do enough and goes missing for large parts of the game. Similarly, Hourihane goes missing, but is overall less competent as he has bigger deficiencies than Ramsey, and yet also has assets which can prove valuable (goals, assists, set pieces).

Neither are good enough to be regulars in this team (yet) and should be upgraded on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dare I mention him but it does bother me that some people expected Jack to stay with us, probably for his whole career, out of loyalty to the club but when it comes to other youth products we don't really show much loyalty to them and some people want to write him off at an early stage.  As it is I think Jacob is in that limbo where he is a bit further into his career so gets picked above those who are more talented but younger, including Aaron.  He could definitely do with a loan out if we do sign Ward-Prowse or someone else.  

Who has written him off?

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Calling someone dog shit is not criticism.

I agree. It's really more of a compliment.

"How was that for you, darling?"
"Dog shit."
"Excellent. Goodnight!" *Rolls over to sleep with a smug countenance*

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I agree. It's really more of a compliment.

"How was that for you, darling?"
"Dog shit."
"Excellent. Goodnight!" *Rolls over to sleep with a smug countenance*

When leaving reviews on Tripadvisor, I often just keep it snappy and say "Dog shit"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I run a holiday firm and I can tell you that this is a frequent occurrence. 

nothing like a bit of constructive criticism is there?

I think he improved us significantly because he was the only player seemingly willing to drive the ball forward. 

He's not the finished product but he absolutely provided something we were missing when he came on. 

I thought he was perfectly serviceable as a rotation last year as well. 

Â