Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

What sort of odds do you reckon there will be on him hitting ten goals next season? I think he will end up a player who scores double figures from midfield.

Next season... no.  The season after... yes.  My gut feel is that as we strengthen the midfield either this window or next he will play less minutes next season - I can see him, McGinn and Luiz being used more in rotation.  By the following season I think he will have developed further and will make one of the two more advanced CM roles his own.  Hopefully another 18 months of being coached by Gerrard will have a huge impact.  I think he'll get a lot of goals by arriving late into the box with defenders distracted by Coutinho and Emi2 and failing to pick up JJ.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2022 at 14:45, Adam2003 said:

What sort of odds do you reckon there will be on him hitting ten goals next season? I think he will end up a player who scores double figures from midfield.

I suspect he will be quite close this season let alone next

• Like 2

On 02/02/2022 at 20:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

Reading back through the pages when he broke in to the first team is a bit cringe worthy. Amazing how many wrote the 19 year old kid off

Not sure cringe worthy quite covers it. I do find those doing any such thing more a handy guide for who to generally ignore though.

• Like 3

On 02/02/2022 at 20:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

Reading back through the pages when he broke in to the first team is a bit cringe worthy. Amazing how many wrote the 19 year old kid off.

On 13/12/2020 at 11:39, Sulberto21 said:

Once he gets physically stronger (he's pretty strong already) he's going to be our most important player. Already has a lot to offer. 

Not me though 😃

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Not me though 😃

Same here, you never really know but he just seemed to.want it and there were glimpses of what could be. 

Amazed that some wrote him off so quickly, I'm sure some on here thought he just wouldn't make it at any level after such a small sample, plus with him being young and trying to make it in the top league in the world.

Fairplay to the manager and the last one for believing in him. I wonder what his value is now, has to be 20m+.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Same here, you never really know but he just seemed to.want it and there were glimpses of what could be. 

Amazed that some wrote him off so quickly, I'm sure some on here thought he just wouldn't make it at any level after such a small sample, plus with him being young and trying to make it in the top league in the world.

Fairplay to the manager and the last one for believing in him. I wonder what his value is now, has to be 20m+.

He just needed that first goal. He always seems to find goal scoring positions that in itself is a special talent to have.

He needs to keep his head down and work hard for the next 2/3 seasons after that he can enjoy the big wages etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He just needed that first goal. He always seems to find goal scoring positions that in itself is a special talent to have.

He needs to keep his head down and work hard for the next 2/3 seasons after that he can enjoy the big wages etc.

Since last season he showed that he can find goal scoring positions. He has a real talent. He used to score U23 and in lower leagues too. 
I think he still have time to get a good number this season. Not sure if there is enough games for double digits but he could equal with Grealish goals last season (to be fair Jack missed a lot).

Loving the lad he has it all the big question for me is are is 2 younger brothers as good and are they both 2 footed?

What an amazing achievement that would be in the future if all 3 made the 1st team.

Â