Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I don't know who the middle brother is but all I know is that a guy I manage at work knows their Dad and he's told me that the middle brother is the one who is thought the most highly rated. 

As it is, well done Jacob. Prove the others wrong and do the biz lad. 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Get him out to a Luton or Cov for 40 games next season.

A team that plays football, I don't think there's as much value sending him to Millwall or Cardiff.

Sometimes its good for  them to go to them teams too, to learn the physical side of the game.

like when Fergie sent Beckham out to toughen him up.

its a mans game, you can't molly coddle them.

jack had to learn this on his strength building programme with ollie Stevenson.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sometimes its good for  them to go to them teams too, to learn the physical side of the game.

I'd rather he was playing against those sides and in the ones where he's expected to play. He'll have to if he wants to make it as a Premier League player.

40 games the important thing regardless. If only Millwall come in for him and want him for the first XI, no problem.

Why don't we just put all the players on the Ollie Stevenson strength programme? Seems weird not to.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd rather he was playing against those sides and in the ones where he's expected to play. He'll have to if he wants to make it as a Premier League player.

40 games the important thing regardless. If only Millwall come in for him and want him for the first XI, no problem.

Why don't we just put all the players on the Ollie Stevenson strength programme? Seems weird not to.

Yeah, i get that.

I don't know what the programme entails and whether its practical to put many young players on it at one time.....my understanding, it was designed specifically for Jack.

but your point is a feasible one.

You know i put a lot of store in to the physicality aspect..... An Iceland team showed how talent can be negated by a robust , physical approach....players with huge transfer value, struggled with it today.

l want Villa to play with panache just like you.....but there is another side to the game, we need to adopt to stay up, grit and tenacity is crucial.....we found a bit of it after lockdown.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that it could be Jacob Ramsey’s time to come in to our first team now. I also think that he can make a big impact but at the same time, I don’t want to put too much pressure on him 

Good idea because we don't want him seeing your praise and fooking off ala Gary Cahill and everyone else you've bigged up. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was all for sending him on loan but get the feeling he's earnt a place on the bench for Sheffield United after two goals today. And possibly a start in league cup although I assume we'll go for our first choice 11 for that one.

Could be the surprise of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well, that and the season on loan he had at Notts County.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Get him out to a Luton or Cov for 40 games next season.

A team that plays football, I don't think there's as much value sending him to Millwall or Cardiff.

I totally agree we should loan out as many youth players as possible when they are ready to toughen them up and get some experience before they start sitting on our bench for sub appearances to show what they can do and compete for places.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah, i get that.

I don't know what the programme entails and whether its practical to put many young players on it at one time.....my understanding, it was designed specifically for Jack.

You know i put a lot of store in to the physicality aspect..... An Iceland team showed how talent can be negated by a robust , physical approach....players with huge transfer value, struggled with it today.

l want Villa to play with panache just like you.....but there is another side to the game, we need to adopt to stay up, grit and tenacity is crucial.....we found a bit of it after lockdown.

100% this. Turns them into men very quickly. Look at the impact one season at Notts County had on Grealish. Vital for both physical and footballing development. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah, i get that.

Slight digression, but while I sort of agree about the importance of athleticism in football, Iceland have become solid because of other stuff than that. They actually got some good footballers and they are an incredibly set team. Everyone knows their movements, weaknesses and strengths and they play rigidly to a game plan. I think it's unwise to say that's due to physicality, if not slightly disrespectful. 

• Like 1

Â