Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that it could be Jacob Ramsey’s time to come in to our first team now. I also think that he can make a big impact but at the same time, I don’t want to put too much pressure on him 

First time I saw him, I thought, he could be something special. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I don't know who the middle brother is but all I know is that a guy I manage at work knows their Dad and he's told me that the middle brother is the one who is thought the most highly rated. 

As it is, well done Jacob. Prove the others wrong and do the biz lad. 

His Dad only said that because it's always the middle brother who has all the issues. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Then again, he's not a centre - forward. 

Sure he could do a better job either way.

He seem to have an eye for a goal

Lot's of midfielders/wingers have been converted into strikers

Edited by villalad21

Interesting. Considering we are quite light in midfield when it comes to genuine attacking goal scoring midfielders, should we be loaning him, or blooding him in first team?

I don't want him to be the next in a long line of our u23s who have been left to rot until after they 18 and not kicking on. He is 19 now. Only had a handful of games competitive last year.

I'd be tempted to keep him around and see if he can kick on and put pressure on McGinn / Hourihane

12 hours ago, TRO said:

An Iceland team showed how talent can be negated by a robust , physical approach....players with huge transfer value, struggled with it today.

It’s also a great leveller when the opposition are managed by an ostrich on sleeping pills with the imagination of a door knob. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Interesting. Considering we are quite light in midfield when it comes to genuine attacking goal scoring midfielders, should we be loaning him, or blooding him in first team?

I don't want him to be the next in a long line of our u23s who have been left to rot until after they 18 and not kicking on. He is 19 now. Only had a handful of games competitive last year.

I'd be tempted to keep him around and see if he can kick on and put pressure on McGinn / Hourihane

Surely if he needs competitive games a loan is the way to go? I’d say a season long loan with a recall clause in January if we feel that benefits us and/or him at the time. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely if he needs competitive games a loan is the way to go? I’d say a season long loan with a recall clause in January if we feel that benefits us and/or him at the time. 

I’m struggling to think of many examples of players we’ve loaned out that have then returned to us and pushed on other than Grealish. I can think of a lot that have gone the other way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I'm saying have him in squad and be bringing him on for genuine minutes 20-30 minutes. See what he is made of. If he not great consider loan in Jan. But I'd be seriously tempted to throw him in and see what he is made of. Clearly didnt phase him yesterday!

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m struggling to think of many examples of players we’ve loaned out that have then returned to us and pushed on other than Grealish. I can think of a lot that have gone the other way.

Is that a reflection on the players we’ve loaned out, the teams we’ve loaned them to or just the fact that we’ve mismanaged just about everything up to recently?

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is that a reflection on the players we’ve loaned out, the teams we’ve loaned them to or just the fact that we’ve mismanaged just about everything up to recently?

Who knows, probably a combination of them but given that it’s undoubtedly true I don’t share the enthusiasm for sending him out on loan.

8 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I'm saying have him in squad and be bringing him on for genuine minutes 20-30 minutes. See what he is made of. If he not great consider loan in Jan. But I'd be seriously tempted to throw him in and see what he is made of. Clearly didnt phase him yesterday!

That’s a good point. The old saying, if they’re good enough they’re old enough springs to mind. You’d like to think that the coaches will know the type of character he is as well as his football ability and be in a position to make the right decision on what’s best for the lad. He will of course have an input  on that decision too. 

We need to get young players around the first team more. Indy looked very encouraging in the few chances he got. Other clubs seem to give their youngsters a lot more opportunities than we do. That’s also the big clubs like Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Because we have been loaning out too late. We wait until they are 22 or 23 and past the most crucial development where they have only played for the under 23s. We need to loan players out nice and early. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We need to get young players around the first team more. Indy looked very encouraging in the few chances he got. Other clubs seem to give their youngsters a lot more opportunities than we do. That’s also the big clubs like Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. 

Man United yes with Greenwood, Rashford, Williams, McTominay etc recently. They have probably been the best top tier side for promoting youth in the last 25 years. 

Arsenal to an extent with players who have come through and seen maybe a year of first team action (although Saka who has come through their academy looks extremely good). 

Chelsea up until last year (when their hand was forced with their ban) have been absolutely laughable with their promotion of youth, literally the worst in the entire league for years and years. At one point they have 20 players out on loan who were never going to get first team action as they kept buying established stars despite their promise. 

• Like 1

Â