Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• 2 weeks later...

I’m excited to see how he develops. Shame we lose half a season just as we finally get a lot of our youth players out on loan.

My only concern is he isn’t quite good looking enough to make me confident he’ll succeed.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’m excited to see how he develops. Shame we lose half a season just as we finally get a lot of our youth players out on loan.

My only concern is he isn’t quite good looking enough to make me confident he’ll succeed.

I know this will sound ironic but looks are irrelevant

I think him, Barry would be around the first team soon. Vassiliv didn’t do any bad when he come earlier the season.

I just can’t see apart from Davis who’ll make it from those before them. As talented as some are but we weren’t giving any chances nor having a proper vision how to use youth. 

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think him, Barry would be around the first team soon. Vassiliv didn’t do any bad when he come earlier the season.

I just can’t see apart from Davis who’ll make it from those before them. As talented as some are but we weren’t giving any chances nor having a proper vision how to use youth. 

You think Davis will make it here? He’s been in and around the first team for a while now and hasn’t had an extended run in the first team. I think he is good enough for us, he’s shown that already this season, do you think he is good enough for us?

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think Davis will make it here? He’s been in and around the first team for a while now and hasn’t had an extended run in the first team. I think he is good enough for us, he’s shown that already this season, do you think he is good enough for us?

From what I’ve seen he’s good. He have to have a proper run, injuries aren’t helping. Making it here doesn’t mean he’ll be starting. But if he can be an impact sub and around the first team for couple of seasons then that will be considered as a success. 

I think potentially Barry will be another level, possibly Ramsey too. 

But from those before them, only Davis seems to be making it.

O’hare, RHM, JDH and the others don’t seem they’re going to make it here. 

• 2 months later...

Do other posters think Jacob Ramsey can get in our team next season? He seems to have done well on loan at Doncaster Rovers, he has scored 3 goals in 7 games according to Wikipedia. Before he went out on loan, he signed a new 3 and a half year contract here, he signed it in January 2020. The club clearly have high hopes for him 

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do other posters think Jacob Ramsey can get in our team next season? He seems to have done well on loan at Doncaster Rovers, he has scored 3 goals in 7 games according to Wikipedia. Before he went out on loan, he signed a new 3 and a half year contract here, he signed it in January 2020. The club clearly have high hopes for him 

He can definitely be part of the squad. Especially if we do go down! 
I would like to see him, Barry and Chumbawumba involved in some capacity.

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He can definitely be part of the squad. Especially if we do go down! 
I would like to see him, Barry and Chumbawumba involved in some capacity.

Chukwuemeka!! What if he reads this? I haven’t seen Barry or Chukwuemeka for us yet but Jacob Ramsey is class, his brother Aaron is very good too. I think Jacob Ramsey is good enough for us in the Premier League, he’s tearing up League one. We have young really good teenagers coming through but at the same time, I don’t want to put too much pressure on them

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

If we go down I can see ramsey, chuka and barry being on the bench and getting varying levels of game time.

If we are in the prem, unsure, but probably irelavent as we are probably going down

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

If we go down I can see ramsey, chuka and barry being on the bench and getting varying levels of game time.

If we are in the prem, unsure, but probably irelavent as we are probably going down

Have you seen them play?

Ramsey could have a part to play this season, I’d have him in the match day squad for our remaining games. Vassilev too. The exuberance and natural fitness of youth could play a big part in the forthcoming 10 game mini season. Both would be on my bench.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Ramsey could have a part to play this season, I’d have him in the match day squad for our remaining games. Vassilev too. The exuberance and natural fitness of youth could play a big part in the forthcoming 10 game mini season. Both would be on my bench.

I agree with you but at the same time, I don’t want to overhype them like I have in the past, both are very good talents though

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I wouldnt get your hopes up, in my 30 years of watching the Villa, how many youngsters that have looked quality, had big expectations put against them and then not turned out like we would want them to be and left the club to smaller endeavours. 

I used to love watching the youngsters come through but now I just enjoy them at their level and not have big expectations at a higher level but if they do come through and become a first team member then enjoy that.  The likelihood is that only 1 out of that group makes it at PL level, it's a shame but history doesnt lie.  Others will get their chances, maybe a few appearances here or there but then disappear from our first team level.

I hope I'm wrong but years of watching young talent at Villa never delivering on the next level has made me very skeptical of any new talent coming through however good they look. 

• Sad 1

Â