Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

48 minutes ago, meregreen said:

We have a small squad. He’s just banged in two against a virtually full strength Arsenal side. Keep him here, we just might need him.

Has any footage from that match come out? Would love to see those goals. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Looked very comfortable and mature (until that tackle which was silly). I hope he gets a loan move and gets lots of gametime, looks very promising. 

I think he's good enough to be contesting match day squads for PL games. He'll get better staying where he is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think he's good enough to be contesting match day squads for PL games. He'll get better staying where he is.

Honestly rather have him around the squad than Lansbury, who has no future. Issue is he needs to be playing first team games. Maybe a case of loan him this season and introduce to bench and first team next season. Maybe he’s ready now

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Honestly rather have him around the squad than Lansbury, who has no future. Issue is he needs to be playing first team games. Maybe a case of loan him this season and introduce to bench and first team next season. Maybe he’s ready now

Fair point but when you look at the reality of our midfield, the general consensus - and i don't think it's unfair, is Hourihane doesn't really impact PL games apart from games where set pieces go well for him. How fit is McGinn ? Looked miles off the pace after the restart. No guarantees there. Not suggesting throw Ramsey in but when what's in front of him is not exactly head and shoulders ahead of him, in form particularly - he's not miles off the first team squad, at all ! No way to a loan unless we bring someone in between now and when the window shuts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd put him in ahead of Hourihane tbf.

I'd roll the dice and do that also. Ramsey has better pure footballing ability than Conor. You don't need to watch much of this kid to know there's a reason they pinned him to a 4 year deal and let O'Hare walk out the door.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Fair point but when you look at the reality of our midfield, the general consensus - and i don't think it's unfair, is Hourihane doesn't really impact PL games apart from games where set pieces go well for him. How fit is McGinn ? Looked miles off the pace after the restart. No guarantees there. Not suggesting throw Ramsey in but when what's in front of him is not exactly head and shoulders ahead of him, in form particularly - he's not miles off the first team squad, at all ! No way to a loan unless we bring someone in between now and when the window shuts.

Yeah I suppose it depends on if we bring in another CM. I thought we missed Hourihane’s set piece delivery tonight. I wouldn’t be adverse to putting in and around the team, just don’t want his progress to falter. Could be a case of see how he develops until jan, if he’s coming on nicely and has an impact in team then keep him on. If he’s stalled then loan him out, I’m sure they’ll be a few takers. I just don’t want to make the same mistakes we’ve made in the past with young players, 23 and have played about 5 first team games.

56 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If we sign 2 wingers he'll rot on the bench. He needs to play to develop. We keep making the same mistakes, keep youngsters in the squad because they might be useful, and they end up never playing. 

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

If we sign 2 wingers he'll rot on the bench. He needs to play to develop. We keep making the same mistakes, keep youngsters in the squad because they might be useful, and they end up never playing. 

He looked good today. Unless we can loan him to a top division euro (Belgium, Portugal,Holland)  club I think he's going to get minutes for the first team. 

If he looks out of his depth against premier League opposition then loaning him is probably better. However the championship will be too easy for him as he is positionally so aware.

9 minutes ago, WooJung said:

He's a centre midfielder. You are making assumptions Hourihane is miles ahead of Ramsey. I don't think he is.

Edited by Johnnyp

A good review I found on Ramsey, this is why we have to give youth some actual game time at this level and not just throw them on loan to league below clubs.

The Review:

His first start for Villa and the youngster from Great Barr looked as assured as they come. A slick operator in the middle of the park, passing crisp, direct and he played with his head up. Last season's loan at Doncaster looks to have really brought the 19-year-old on. Has beefed up and looks a real talent. Booked.

Â