Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 02/02/2022 at 20:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

Reading back through the pages when he broke in to the first team is a bit cringe worthy. Amazing how many wrote the 19 year old kid off.

He's always been pretty good in the first team as well?

Strange one to go after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Loving the lad he has it all the big question for me is are is 2 younger brothers as good and are they both 2 footed?

What an amazing achievement that would be in the future if all 3 made the 1st team.

Not heard much about Cole but Aaron is supposedly the 'good' one out of him and Jacob.

It's weird, initially that belief amongst fans meant Jacob was written off a bit or atleast a lot of discussions of 'hes decent but the brother is even better!' so not much pressure on Jacob... Now we're talking about Jacob like a World Beater 'but the brothers even better!' going to be some interesting expectations for young Aaron 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He's always been pretty good in the first team as well?

Strange one to go after.

I think it was mainly during that poor run we went on when Jack was injured. He struggled in a few games but then so did the whole midfielder. There was a lot of what ‘what does this guy offer’ and ‘he isn’t ready and needs to be loaned out’ etc  He got crucified after the defeat at Anfield for not blocking the winner.

I think it’s a difficult balance for the management team with youngsters. On the one hand they can see a players potential so need him to play so he can meet it. On the other hand he won’t be a world beater while he is so young and still improving.  

I think credit to Smith and co for the way he has been handled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not heard much about Cole but Aaron is supposedly the 'good' one out of him and Jacob.

It's weird, initially that belief amongst fans meant Jacob was written off a bit or atleast a lot of discussions of 'hes decent but the brother is even better!' so not much pressure on Jacob... Now we're talking about Jacob like a World Beater 'but the brothers even better!' going to be some interesting expectations for young Aaron 😂

A bit like the Gardner brothers, Gary was always supposedly the 'good' one. Turned out they were both shit. And both shits. 

• Like 3

Aaron Ramsey is very good! He plays the number 10 position and is a real box of tricks, good shot on him, confident too. Early days, it's all about how strong he is mentally as he has the talent and athleticism! The skill level is what probably caught the eye and caused him to be rated higher than his brother. But I think Aaron has a tougher job to break through than Jacob. The quality of our 10's, with Carney and JPB coming through also means Aaron has major obstacles!

Jacob under smith was playing safe and looking to retain the ball, and keep the ball moving. Under Gerrard he is playing more aggressively, driving with ball more and as a result looking far more eye catching. He still has to have an emphasis on ball retention (as he has), but is gradually showing what his game is all about.  Looks like a future England Internatinal to me (so long as he's professional and works hard)!

55 minutes ago, picicata said:

A bit like the Gardner brothers, Gary was always supposedly the 'good' one.

And the Moore bros. There must be more examples. It's something of a cliché now isn't it?

Edited by AvonVillain

The potential talk will soon have to stop. Aaron is quite a distance behind Jacob, doesn't matter how much potential he has. Aaron has alot of work to do to get to Jacobs current level, along with Jacob still improving every **** week. 

Put some respect to his name. I'd be getting sick of hearing my little brother is going to be better than me. It's condescending. 

• Like 1

WIth the Moore brothers Luke was probably the better one, made a decent amount of appearances for us, Derby, and Swansea, and think he was playing at at least championship level going into his late twenties.

With the Gardners, Gary was probably better than Craig before injuries, but when you look at their careers as an whole Gary Gardner made just 16 Premier League appearances versus Craig Gardner's 259 appearances in the Premier League.

WIth Jacob and Aaron, I saw less of Jacob for the U23s but from what I have seen of both at that level, Aaron looked even better, and I say 'even better' because Jacob himself was a standout player as well, but 27 appearances and 14 goals and 8 assists for Aaron at PL2 level, it's not just about those numbers either, his all round performances are excellent, you notice a big difference when he isn't playing,  but all that doesn't mean to say he's going to be as good or better than Jacob at senior level, and he doesn't have to be as good as Jacob to be a good player.

• Like 1

Also I doubt that Jacob would care if people are saying that Aaron is better than him, he's probably pleased that people rate his brother, besides it's mostly people saying that Aaron is supposed to be better, not that he actually is better, and it's said in a kind of 'if you think Jacob is good, his brother is meant to be better' kind of way, so usually it's intended to be complimentary towards both of them.

I just hope they can be known as Jacob and Aaron, not the Ramsey brothers. Even Lescott when he was talking about JJ on the tele couldnt help mention his younger brother.

AJ hasnt managed a start at Cheltenham and he has been there a month already.

Lets just give them time . I agree with the previous poster that it will be harder to come through in our team as a 10 rather than as a cog of central midfield. All depends on AJ and his personality and desire.  And in midfield you have big Tim who is quite obviously highly rated by Gerrard, still not to get off the bench on  matchday. 

Me personally, i would love to see a great barr midfield 3 in the future with AJ, JJ and TI but alot of development and alot of luck needs to happen in the meantime. 

4 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

And the Moore bros. There must be more examples. It's something of a cliché now isn't it?

I read about this phenomenon somewhere. It was found to be true in most cases that when siblings okay the same sport from a young age, the youngest ends up being the better sportsman.

The conclusion reached was that athletes are naturally competitive types, so as the elder siblings improve, the younger ones use them as a target to surpass. They also get the chance to witness their elder siblings' mistakes and learn lessons from them.

There's no guarantee and it's not fair to put down JJ or put unnecessary pressure on AJ, but the research backs it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just hope they can be known as Jacob and Aaron, not the Ramsey brothers. Even Lescott when he was talking about JJ on the tele couldnt help mention his younger brother.

Lescott probably thinks his brother has just signed for Rangers 

21 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I read about this phenomenon somewhere. It was found to be true in most cases that when siblings okay the same sport from a young age, the youngest ends up being the better sportsman.

The conclusion reached was that athletes are naturally competitive types, so as the elder siblings improve, the younger ones use them as a target to surpass. They also get the chance to witness their elder siblings' mistakes and learn lessons from them.

There's no guarantee and it's not fair to put down JJ or put unnecessary pressure on AJ, but the research backs it up.

Djokovic family one exception to this. Novak probably the best player ever, middle brother ranked about 100 in the world in doubles and youngest couldn't even make it pro

19 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Djokovic family one exception to this. Novak perhaps the largest word removed to have ever ever lived ever, middle brother ranked about 100 in the world in doubles and youngest couldn't even make it pro

Fixed that one right up for you fella. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Djokovic family one exception to this. Novak probably the best player ever, middle brother ranked about 100 in the world in doubles and youngest couldn't even make it pro

Stephen Curry - GOAT shooter top 15 player of all time.

Seth Curry only like 4th in career 3pt % and a good player. 

Sydel curry - Volley Ball player not even pro, married an end of bench nba player.

But a much better example is Giannis and his brothers. 

Francis Antetokounmpo - Football Player

Thanasis Antetokounmpo - Bad NBA player 

Giannis Antetokounmpo - Top 5 basketball player in the nba

Kostas Antetokounmpo - Even more bad than Thanasis

Alex Antetokounmpo - Youngest so bad he didn't even sign a contract in the nba (though really more just due to Giannis signing an extension so other teams didn't sign him to try and get Giannis to join).

22 hours ago, Greenfly said:

For every example of that being true, there is an example of where it isn't true.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 11:06, picicata said:

A bit like the Gardner brothers, Gary was always supposedly the 'good' one. Turned out they were both shit. And both shits. 

at least they both managed to stay up 'without the help of them lot up the road' 

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

at least they both managed to stay up 'without the help of them lot up the road' 

The irony of course is that the Gardners and Hogan have kept them up for years, but then Craig is thick as pig shit so I’m sure it’s lost on him. 

On 06/02/2022 at 12:19, Lord Willard said:

The potential talk will soon have to stop. Aaron is quite a distance behind Jacob, doesn't matter how much potential he has. Aaron has alot of work to do to get to Jacobs current level, along with Jacob still improving every **** week. 

Put some respect to his name. I'd be getting sick of hearing my little brother is going to be better than me. It's condescending. 

No.

Jacob has clearly been reading this thread and has been spurned on by the comments on Aaron.  Sibling rivalry has kicked into overtime and Jacob has got his head down and kicked on big time as a result.  If we stop posting like this there's a chance his progression will be affected as a result and he won't turn into Messi mk II

• Haha 2

Â