Kortney Hause

Sam3773

He played pretty well today, especially in the air, although I felt like one or two times his positioning was a little suspect. I think some of the responses in this thread today are a touch generous; he was good today, but has been bad recently, and he is what he is, which is a deep cover centre back who hasn't played a huge amount of first-team football and is unlikely to become a first-team regular for a PL team.

If we end up staying up, he'll have repaid his £3m transfer fee from today's performance alone, so fair enough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TRO said:

One of the few players in our squad who can head the ball.....should be in for that alone.

Yep, we seem to have lost the art of heading the ball. Whether it's down to smith wanting it on the floor ? However it is a basic skill and one which I think is important.

Fred, hause and... konsa at a push are the only ones who will win headers.

Even mings is not good at them.

That's embarrassing really.

Shows zero desire to win the ball from the majority, which shen it includes the entire midfield and forward line, shows why the ball keeps coming back and we rarely pick up the second ball.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Yep, we seem to have lost the art of heading the ball. Whether it's down to smith wanting it on the floor ? However it is a basic skill and one which I think is important.

Fred, hause and... konsa at a push are the only ones who will win headers.

Even mings is not good at them.

That's embarrassing really.

Shows zero desire to win the ball from the majority, which shen it includes the entire midfield and forward line, shows why the ball keeps coming back and we rarely pick up the second ball.

Spot on.

Being competent in the air brings added benefits.

• It gains you territory during important moments in a game
  • It gives you options at set pieces and raises the odds of scoring
  • At the other end it denies the opposition opportunities from corners or free kicks...it protects the goalkeeper.
  • Winning headers sends out a message of intent.
  • Winning headers is instrumental in seizing the initiative in a game.
  • Headers from a centre forward are crucial in playing players in on runs and opens up the opposition.

If Dean doesn't like the art of heading the ball, I suggest he takes up Snooker.......because when I watch visiting teams, most are better than us at it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I honestly don't understand why he hasn;t been used there at the very least when Targett is out.

Yeah, it's a strange one because having Hause at LB (when required) means we would have a player who is good at heading the ball which might also help us at one of our biggest weaknesses which is defending set pieces.

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah, it's a strange one because having Hause at LB (when required) means we would have a player who is good at heading the ball which might also help us at one of our biggest weaknesses which is defending set pieces.

Having Hause at LB means . . . we would have no attacking threat from LB.

Â