Kortney Hause

Sam3773

He has the potential to be an outstanding defender. What he lacks in concentration he makes up for physical ability, most of the time. 

I think he is massively underrated by the fan base. Maybe because of the fee, maybe because Wolves didn't want him, or perhaps because he has had to fight for his place from 4th choice, It's unclear to me. But when it comes to actual on the spot defending, he has it all.

Criticisms of him are valid, the mental side of the game needs work, but Mings is managing him well. 

• Like 1

He's probably just a bit over exuberant at times. Trying things he shouldn't at times he shouldn't, particularly his passing. But I imagine he is being asked to try difficult passes and bomb on by the coaching staff, it's just knowing when and how. 

Give him time, he will be here a while. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I like our whole back-three a lot. 

I do (a lot) and Smith has regained my confidence in him by changing things, despite our position and the battle ahead I'm a happy Villa fan right now it was always going to be a fight for 17th in the league.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He has been excellent since coming in. He is a £3 million signing with little first team experience. 

We really need to move away from getting rid of people as soon as they have 1 bad performance. 

Might have been a better option than Taylor at left back , hause has had more than one bad performance 

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Look at the goals again and look at what Hause is doing at each of them. He is good at heading, but we can't afford playing him in the Premier League. 

Welp, this is why he hasn;t been starting, AND why we are after another CB/Fullback.

Obviously he was poor today amongst many others. However, he won’t have this level of challenge again this season and I include Liverpool away. Man City are a level above Liverpool if allowed to play around a passive team like today. Man City ripped Man U apart last week and would have scored 6 in the first half against them if Sterling could finish. Hause is still an asset for me in a back 3 against ‘normal’ opposition. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Elton said:

Obviously he was poor today amongst many others. However, he won’t have this level of challenge again this season and I include Liverpool away. Man City are a level above Liverpool if allowed to play around a passive team like today. Man City ripped Man U apart last week and would have scored 6 in the first half against them if Sterling could finish. Hause is still an asset for me in a back 3 against ‘normal’ opposition. 

Yes, terrible today but against a team who over the past three years have probably been the best PL team I have seen in 30 years of watching the game. Think the commentator said it was the seventh time they’ve scored 6 under Pep.

Â