Kortney Hause

Sam3773

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Taylor is a better defensive left back than Hause. I think he's positionally better, I think he's tactically better - Hause is bigger and more physical, but those are the attributes you want in your centre backs, not your full backs.

I think our goals yesterday were conceded not because of what happened in the six yard box as the crosses came in, but because of how easily our opponents were able to work the ball into those wide areas on both occasions. A midfield with Grealish down the left and Hourihane in the middle gives us a lot, but it doesn't give us a great deal of control or cover in those situations.

Taylor's positioning was very poor for both goals. The opposition was able to easily get the ball out wide, in part because Taylor was already positioned so narrow and by the time he got out to the wide player, they already had the advantage over him.

• Like 1

If Targett is injured Smith may need to consider Hause as an option after Taylor seemed to turn back in to shit on Saturday after an ok start to the season. 

I can handle Taylor not attacking if he does the basic of defending right. He seemed to have forgotten that part of his game too.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Hause had a mistake in him every game at Championship level.

Not always, he had several excellent games at left back for me. I was hugely impressed, he was composed on the ball, brought it out well, covered the centre backs and was a beast in the air.

He may not be up to scratch at this level there, but neither is Taylor and crucially we know he never will be.

I don't understand why this guy isn't on the bench. Is he injured?

He covers 2 positions (Taylor only covers LB) - which is something you want from your bench.
I would also argue he's better on the ball than Taylor (but so is a 2 legged horse with a bad back) and would provide more presence in both boxes at set pieces. 

And providing we stay up, I think this guy could be sold in the next 4 windows as I think the ability of our squad will soon make him surplus to requirements. If he's around the squad, there's money to be made, unlike with Taylor. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2019 at 16:12, Pez1974 said:

I don't understand why this guy isn't on the bench. Is he injured?

He covers 2 positions (Taylor only covers LB) - which is something you want from your bench.
I would also argue he's better on the ball than Taylor (but so is a 2 legged horse with a bad back) and would provide more presence in both boxes at set pieces. 

And providing we stay up, I think this guy could be sold in the next 4 windows as I think the ability of our squad will soon make him surplus to requirements. If he's around the squad, there's money to be made, unlike with Taylor. 

I was just about to ask has he been injured cos I don't think he's been on the bench for a while and tonight he's starting for the U23's. Maybe they are saving him for the future

• Like 1

On 29/09/2019 at 23:22, Tom13 said:

Hause had a mistake in him every game at Championship level.

There is one thing having a mistake in you......and another having a weak physical presence.

Taylor is an easy target ( pardon the pun) for opposition players looking to bully.......most defenders have a mistake in them........ I think Websters goal was a mistake from us .

Hause has far more of a presence that opposition players wouldn't be so quick to try and exploit.

I accept Taylor may have better feet......but that's where opinions come in.

I also think think that Matt Target has a bit of both.....physical presence and decent feet, its probably why he looks the part more.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

There is one thing having a mistake in you......and another having a weak physical presence.

Taylor is an easy target ( pardon the pun) for opposition players looking to bully.......most defenders have a mistake in them........ I think Websters goal was a mistake from us .

Hause has far more of a presence that opposition players wouldn't be so quick to try and exploit.

I accept Taylor may have better feet......but that's where opinions come in.

I also think think that Matt Target has a bit of both.....physical presence and decent feet, its probably why he looks the part more.

Fair point. FWIW I think Hause has better feet, just has a mistake in him occasionally.

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Fair point. FWIW I think Hause has better feet, just has a mistake in him occasionally.

I agree. All players make mistakes, but giving this guy a run in the first team squad  might just give him confidence and allow him to develop with some game time.
Taylor got some games because he went a couple of games without costing us a goal; but he still offers nothing going forward and no physicality. The amount of attacks which stop once he touches the ball is amazing.

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

I agree. All players make mistakes, but giving this guy a run in the first team squad  might just give him confidence and allow him to develop with some game time.
Taylor got some games because he went a couple of games without costing us a goal; but he still offers nothing going forward and no physicality. The amount of attacks which stop once he touches the ball is amazing.

You can see the look of confusion in his face when he gets the ball in the opposition half.  

I would look to sell him on to a championship side (back to Swansea?) in the summer and get some money in for him and bring in an upgrade to understudy Targett (maybe the kid at Coventry?). 

• 2 weeks later...

Got to be ahead of Taylor as reserve left back. More due to Taylor's weaknesses....but Kortney has pace, power and occasionally tries to find a ball forward or inside rather than the safe option all the time. Looked sound last night defensively, but we need to be mindful he was up against a 16yrold making his debut. 

2 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

but Kortney has pace, power

But lacks a very important attributes which is what makes Fullbacks these days. Skill, technique and crossing.

He would be a terrible left back at this level. Can do a job in the Championship.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But lacks a very important attributes which is what makes Fullbacks these days. Skill, technique and crossing.

He would be a terrible left back at this level. Can do a job in the Championship.

Which still should keep him ahead of Taylor in the pecking order.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Every time he’s played for us - barring his debut - he has looked domineering in the air, and composed on the ball. 

I like him a lot and he is great cover for two places at the back.

must be me.....but I think he's a decent player....but then I like defenders to be ok in the air.

I think if you can't deal with aerial balls you can get undone territorially, where the opposition get around the back.

If I am being honest, I am not as struck on Engles lately as some are......I think Hause is ok and many think Konsa had a good game last night.

These guys have to start pushing.

Â