Kortney Hause

Sam3773

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I think you’re getting your centre halves mixed up 😂

Hause was excellent today.

Haha, thanks mate. Yeah... Hause was very good, even if people didn't like his passing, but I didn't mind so much since he defended so well.

He is very good in the air and can pick out a pass, but I think he is a liability, he is lazy and passive in defence. I don't know how many time I see Mings come flying in throwing himself about while Hause is trudging in the background. Terry needs to have a couple of one to ones with him and get him switched on all the time and to do the basics in defending. If he learns that he can be one hell of a defender.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

1st rule as a defender, defend.

Stones is good on the ball, but a shit defender, Southgate was better on the ball than Macca and Ugo, but they were both superior defenders.

Ehh, yes, defenders should be able to defend. But what’s the point in winning the ball back just to pass it straight to the opposition? If he can’t find a man, hoof it. He needs to accept his limitations. Leicester were getting chances directly from his poor distribution as we were not yet in shape and one of them was a Vardy 1:1. 

Also, is Stones actually bad defensively? Yes, he makes far too many mistakes because he thinks he’s better on the ball than he is - but I don’t actually think he’s a bad defender. He gets his criticism (and rightly so) for his stupid blunders in possession. His defending at the WC and last season for City was actually pretty good.

• Like 1

Been observing his whoscored rating for a few games now, its always been higher than what I'd expect it to be based on the reaction in this thread after games. Is it possible this guy is somewhat underrated? Like for example, they put him as our best defender this game even though I think most including myself would've said Mings was.

On that note, been observing the same thing for Guilbert and Mcginn too(before he got injured).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Been observing his whoscored rating for a few games now, its always been higher than what I'd expect it to be based on the reaction in this thread after games. Is it possible this guy is somewhat underrated? Like for example, they put him as our best defender this game even though I think most including myself would've said Mings was.

On that note, been observing the same thing for Guilbert and Mcginn too(before he got injured).

Seems to be doing well.

Honestly I think for both hause and konsa a back 3 suits them, they are both a little inexperienced but the back 3 alongside mings gives them a little more flexibility and cover, meaning they aren't under such pressure as if it's just two centre backs.

They definitely suit 3 at the back.

36 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He is very good in the air and can pick out a pass, but I think he is a liability, he is lazy and passive in defence. I don't know how many time I see Mings come flying in throwing himself about while Hause is trudging in the background. Terry needs to have a couple of one to ones with him and get him switched on all the time and to do the basics in defending. If he learns that he can be one hell of a defender.  

It's scary how casual he is at times.

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Proper defender, 21, future England international for me.

Suits him playing in a 3, and TM is perfect alongside him, because he does lose concentration at times, but I really like and Konsa.

He's 24, and I can guarantee you he'll never get near an England squad. Won some good headers today, but a very limited footballer.

45 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

12 clearances 2 more than Mings 1 tackle vs 0 Whoscored ratings are pure stats based 

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He's 24, and I can guarantee you he'll never get near an England squad. Won some good headers today, but a very limited footballer.

Sometimes you need limited footballers in your team though 

3 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Ehh, yes, defenders should be able to defend. But what’s the point in winning the ball back just to pass it straight to the opposition? If he can’t find a man, hoof it. He needs to accept his limitations. Leicester were getting chances directly from his poor distribution as we were not yet in shape and one of them was a Vardy 1:1. 

Also, is Stones actually bad defensively? Yes, he makes far too many mistakes because he thinks he’s better on the ball than he is - but I don’t actually think he’s a bad defender. He gets his criticism (and rightly so) for his stupid blunders in possession. His defending at the WC and last season for City was actually pretty good.

Hause might be better on the ball if Taylor was not hos out ball. 

Yes Stonea is a defender wouldnt get in our backline, so dire that a League 2 striker has been taking the piss out of him and then scored vs him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sometimes you need limited footballers in your team though 

Spot on. He may never be a regular starter (although he could be) when all of our players are fit but he is great to have in reserve or on the bench. We are only in the PL because of him. When he came on for Mings in the play off final we were under intense pressure, we were rocking and this kid headed everything that moved. Love him

• Like 2

I really like him. I think he’s one of our more underrated players. He’s not as bad on the ball as some make out and defensively, he’s every bit as good as Konsa.

He has a fantastic attitude as well. He wasn’t even making the squad earlier in the season and he has come in and made that position his own. 

If he can continue high levels of concentration throughout the game, he will be fine. Ok, he may never play for England but that doesn’t mean he’s not good enough for us. 

Keep going Kortney.

• Like 3

Has a bit of the Carlos Sanchez about him, looks good on the ball, I know he can be good on the ball, but makes stupid mistakes. Think it's concentration with Hause more than anything. Cuts these out and we've got a player.

Edited by Tom13

7 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Söyüncü: "Hold me back! Hold me back!... You are SO lucky these people are holding me back."

Hate that square-jawed fecker, complete overreaction which was uncalled for.

Hause did well against them but his distribution was quite poor in the first half and gave the ball away numerous times. Second-half he chose simpler passes.

Â